IGNORED

Preferred Iphone to Preamp device

I have the device and it is currently hooked via toslink cable to an Audioengine D1 DAC which is hooked to their A5+ speakers. I have an iphone 4 and have used it stream music with MOG or Pandora. When I get a call, the music is interrupted. It has been a while since I have used it with my phone and I can't remember if it actually rings through the speakers.

Boris, I wonder if you might be able to answer the following question, given you own this?

I'm thinking I'd like one of these for my shop, to stream Pandora (or the like) or access my music hard drive (which lives in the house) wirelessly.

I'm doing the above now through my iphone4 with headphone jack out to RCAs on back of receiver. All this gear is in the bathroom so I don't shower it with sawdust. I kinda stumbled onto a "feature" I wasn't expecting, but really like. If my Bluetooth earpiece is on and I get a call, it rings over the speakers and interrupts music until I hang up, then resumes...pretty cool 'cuz I can answer from anywhere in the shop as long as I'm in Bluetooth range.

Here's my question: the above works 'cuz phone sees output to receiver as headphones. If I hook up to digital stream out of charging plug will the "feature" still work? I guess it depends on if the digital feed is suspended same as analog output to headphones. Anybody know?

I tried it yesterday with my iPhone 4 docked on the Pure itself connected to my DAC by coax SPDIF, and it worked exactly as you described: the phone rings through the speakers, then the digital out stops during the call and resumes after the call. Quite nice actually - Apple does some things right.

I tried it yesterday with my iPhone 4 docked on the Pure itself connected to my DAC by coax SPDIF, and it worked exactly as you described: the phone rings through the speakers, then the digital out stops during the call and resumes after the call. Quite nice actually - Apple does some things right.

Many thanks Boris, I'm ordering one today!

Silver box with blue light > smaller silver box with tiny lights > black box with blue display > black and silver box with glowing glass > reddish brown boxes > living room

These work well for iOS interfacing. Also, most the suite of apps that this little box hosts are very helpful. I use a lot of them in the field often.

iAudioInterface2 | Studio Six Digital

Andrew Bacon

'if it aint broke take it apart and find out why'