IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound Dac2SE Upgrade Revisited & Findings -- The Best Decision Unequivocally!

3 minutes ago, Ienag said:

Hi Fran,  W4S confirm than what I'm saying?

In this case also Holo dac should be tested with singxer

In any case we hope Leter will help us...

Here is the statement by W4S on this.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

21 minutes ago, Ienag said:

Have you tried Holo dac with dsd and I2S? Take in consideration that anyone noticed the phase problem on one channel before I wrote about it on this forum.

If you or someone else could confirm it on Holo this could be another useful info.

I have been in close communication with Leter for other issues and remember that he owned Holo Audio.  I will post here after getting his confirmation.
What he describes on Taobao is different from the list of Sonore.  DSD L/R are reversed.  This means Holo Audio's pin assignment is not the same as that of PS Audio.  I trust Leter more than the Sonore list.  For Holo Audio, v200 should be used instead of v202.
It seems W4S has exactly the same assignment as PS Audio, and v202 should be used with all the dip switch "off."
This proves my assumption that something is wrong with W4S's implementation, as my SU-1 works perfectly with PS Audio and X-Sabre Pro.

Have you tried Holo dac with dsd and I2S? Take in consideration that anyone noticed the phase problem on one channel before I wrote about it on this forum.

If you or someone else could confirm it on Holo this could be another useful info.

I have been in close communication with Leter for other issues and remember that he owned Holo Audio.  I will post here after getting his confirmation.
What he describes on Taobao is different from the list of Sonore.  DSD L/R are reversed.  This means Holo Audio's pin assignment is not the same as that of PS Audio.  I trust Leter more than the Sonore list.  For Holo Audio, v200 should be used instead of v202.
It seems W4S has exactly the same assignment as PS Audio, and v202 should be used with all the dip switch "off."
This proves my assumption that something is wrong with W4S's implementation, as my SU-1 works perfectly with PS Audio and X-Sabre Pro.

10 minutes ago, MINORISUKE said:

(Sorry for the same post three times.)

What happened to the originator of this topic. Is Richard no longer moderating  this thread? What he did well was keep keep the topic limited to listening impressions rather than the now limitless complaints of I2S OTHER equipment that is not working well with this latest upgrade from Wyred. Most of us want to hear what you think of the latest upgrade and its comparison prior to the upgrade,  If Richard was here, he would have had you start another thread on the topic of "I2S compatibility with the Wyred Dac....."come back Richard !!! ". Just my opinion. 

This is not about i2s with just Singxer, it is about the W4S DAC2 implementation of i2s. It seems there may be an issue in general with their protocol when it comes to DSD. I have not heard from any other i2s users that it is working with their DACs without issues. It seems Singxer SU-1 users may be the first to try it. If this is wrong I hope others chime in.

BTW, the 9038 modified DAC sounds fantastic.....the upgrade was the best decision unequivocally. :)

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

2 hours ago, Franatic said:

I have not heard from any other i2s users that it is working with their DACs without issues. It seems Singxer SU-1 users may be the first to try it. If this is wrong I hope others chime in. :)

Actually, I have been happily using a Hydra Z with the W4S with both PCM and DSD without any issues. So the issue is definitely one of compatibility. Given the lack of I2S standards, it's hard to assign blame to either side. I just wish they would get together and resolve it.

Which would you rather, strictly conjecture I know, but thoughts appreciated!

HQPlayer > DSD 128 > MicroRendu (LPS1 powered) > usb > DAC-2v2SE

or

HQPlayer > DSD 256 > Win 10 NAA > Iso Regen > Singxer SU-1 > I2S > DAC-2v2SE

I'm just trying to figure out where to go if we don't get DSD256 on the MicroRendu anytime soon and I've never heard the I2S input.

Thoughts?

BTW, the 9038 upgrade after sending my dac in for repair after the 1st upgrade didn't workwell  is hugely better sounding than the first attempt which was a marked improvement over the 9018.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

4 hours ago, lexicon1 said:

What happened to the originator of this topic. Is Richard no longer moderating  this thread? What he did well was keep keep the topic limited to listening impressions rather than the now limitless complaints of I2S OTHER equipment that is not working well with this latest upgrade from Wyred. Most of us want to hear what you think of the latest upgrade and its comparison prior to the upgrade,  If Richard was here, he would have had you start another thread on the topic of "I2S compatibility with the Wyred Dac....."come back Richard !!! ". Just my opinion. 

That's right. Richard was driven away by a bunch of trolls who resented his disciplined approach to keeping a thread on track.  So now we have to put up with anyone jabbering  about anything.  

I think you are insulting and not very fare.

I'm an engineer and we are trying to solve a real problem also with the upgrade of W4S dac

I could agree to open another topic but defining us as troll I think is not so right but rather unuseful.

Due to this comment I will stop my effort to try to solve a real problem for the community and possessors of W4S and SU_1

This will be my last post in this thread.

Leter of Singxer bought W4S DAC at his own cost, and identified the cause of PCM noise and DSD absolute polatity swap.  He may issue a firmware patch after W4S's statement that nothing is wrong with SU-1, and thinks a capacitor should be added on W4S, not on SU-1.

DSD cannot be checked with PS Audio PWT which W4S says was used for I2S check.  To check the interface compatibility, pieces of laboratory equipment are used normally instead of a consumer product, which Leter always does.

DACs with PS Audio compatible I2S input should work properly with those external units that have been proven to function with the genuine PS Audio DACs.  SU-1 is among such external units.

8 hours ago, Ienag said:

I think you are insulting and not very fare.

I'm an engineer and we are trying to solve a real problem also with the upgrade of W4S dac

I could agree to open another topic but defining us as troll I think is not so right but rather unuseful.

Due to this comment I will stop my effort to try to solve a real problem for the community and possessors of W4S and SU_1

Lenag, 

As a user of SU-1 and W4S DAC, I really appreciate your efforts to fix issue that Audiophiles raised here.

Also, I'm so sorry that you felt insulted deeply by a member even if he maybe removed his posting.

Please refresh yourself because all of us thank for your active support.

I hope your new posting comes up here or in other thread.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Juno from South KOREA,

I hope the members with the Singxer SU-1 open a new thread as I'm interested in your posts.  I don't own a SU-1 but it is something I would like to try.

You identified the issue and have spent many hours liaising with W4S and Singxer.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

8 minutes ago, Ienag said:

Here the new topic so that everyone could be satisfied

Thanks for the new thread lenag.

SOtM sMS-200ultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

SOtM tX-USBultra (12v, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Singxer SU-1 (7v SOtM sCLK-EX, silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

W4S DAC2v2 SE (SOtM sCLK-EX silver internal DC cable, 75Ω external clock input),

Mutec REF 10, Bryston BP6, Trinnov Altitude 32, 9 x Bryston 7B³s, B&W 800D3s, B&W HTM1 D3, 2 x Arendal Sub 3,

SOtM dCBL-CAT7 (ISO-CAT6 SE), SOtM eABS-200 installed on all components, JCAT NET Card FEMTO, mRendu, dCS Rossini DAC, Chord Hugo 2, Schitt Yggy, Chord Qutest (ordered for home office), UpTone ISO Regen, 5 x UpTone LPS-1s, 4 x PH SR4s, 5 x UpTone LPS-1.2s

6 hours ago, Ienag said:

Here the new topic so that everyone could be satisfied

Perhaps you can request a Moderator to move the relevant posts over to your new thread so that anyone dealing with these specific issues can follow along without losing all of the initial work that has been done in this area.

53 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Perhaps you can request a Moderator to move the relevant posts over to your new thread so that anyone dealing with these specific issues can follow along without losing all of the initial work that has been done in this area.

That's a very good idea. There is much detail here. Perhaps Lenag as Thread Starter can request Chris to do so. There is a "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. I suppose that would be the way to go.

All, we've been looking at this thread from time to time and it's apparent we need to address some things here. Please bear with us -- we've been all-hands on deck preparing for AXPONA this weekend, and unfortunately EJ was in an accident that he is recovering from. We will respond very shortly, hopefully by the end of the week. Please, I implore everyone here to not jump to conclusions about anything until we've had a chance to digest things fully and respond in kind. Thanks for your patience. 

As always, we are available by email directly at [email protected].

Tony

6 hours ago, Wyred 4 Sound said:

All, we've been looking at this thread from time to time and it's apparent we need to address some things here. Please bear with us -- we've been all-hands on deck preparing for AXPONA this weekend, and unfortunately EJ was in an accident that he is recovering from. We will respond very shortly, hopefully by the end of the week. Please, I implore everyone here to not jump to conclusions about anything until we've had a chance to digest things fully and respond in kind. Thanks for your patience. 

As always, we are available by email directly at [email protected].

Tony

Hi Tony

To better follow the problem we have opened a dedicated topic, if you kindly answer on this:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/31500-i2s-compatibility-issue-between-w4s-dac2-singxer-su-1-two-beatiful-pieces-of-hi-end-products/?page=2

• 2 weeks later...

If we have Windows 10 Creator we can eliminate drivers? Has anyone done this yet?

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...