IGNORED

Back up for music library

Hi All,

I'm glad to say I'm finally up and running with the Mac Mini music server.

I have purchased two 1TB drives to download my CDs onto. One of the drives I intend to use as a back up of the first drive. My plan was to manually do this, as I load the 1st drive I would copy the identical file onto the second drive. I'm new to Macs and discovered the "Time Machine" automatic back up routine.

Question: Is it better to stick with my plan of manually managing my back ups or should I let Time Machine do it?

Thanks,

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.

I posted a similar question on another thread, and will try again here. Chris, I know you prefer an NAS, but I am new to mac and am looking at the new Pro's which have 4 internal bays allowing for 1 TB on board storage. I don't know if this has always been available or not, so given this, would you still always recommend the separate NAS? Noise would not be and issue as the mac would be in the office, not the music room.

Kevin

I did the same thing BUT I used SuperDuper! Time Machine is great but the drive is NOT a bootable drive. I strongly suggest using SuperDuper! http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Hi JT,

I'm new to this so please excuss the nu-bie questions.

How is SuperDuper differnt from TimeMachine? I'm just learning how TM works and haven't totally understood what I'm getting into. How is TM not bootable, or even better still what is bootable drive???

Thanks,

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.