IGNORED

Homeplug AV protocol

Does anyone have any experience with these types of devices? The device is set up at the router point by an ethernet cable and plugged into the power outlet. At the receiving end a similar hookup would then go into the DAC by ethernet cable. The data streams over the power lines in your walls. I have an ethernet DAC that requires a wired connection and this would allow me to move the NAS and all the associated stuff (gigabit switch, airport extreme, router, and APC-UPS backup to another room. I am concerned most about quality of the sound and do not want even the chance of a compromise. My system sounds amazing, but I can occasionally hear the fan on the NAS going. There are a couple of brands available on Amazon as well as an explanation on the product pages.

Thanks!

Grimm MU1 ===> Genelec 8361a

I've no direct experience ... but I recall reading people in the Linn DS forum using them successfully. They are designed to do exactly what you are thinking.

The sound quality of your Klimax DS shouldn't be affected at all.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.