IGNORED

Article: The Complete Guide To HiFi UPnP / DLNA Network Audio

Chris,

In my experience there are a couple of problems with DLNA. The first seems to be at the Control Point recognizing and understanding different audio file types. This seems to be the biggest problem. I will bring up a Control Point app and it will see like 1/2 my files on my full server. The other is the format for which the renderer tells the server to send the data or the servers ability to decode the output to the correct format.

There seems to be a need for an updated specification and nobody is really running with the ball right now. Also, the server does not decode.

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon, were are you getting your info??? because it's not correct! :)

The control point does not recognizing or understand different audio file types. This is the job of the server. Also, decoding is done at the renderer and the server transcodes as needed.

Rather than post an open ended issues...why not post your setup so we can see what you are doing wrong.

Why can't USB stream 176.4 or 192 on Windows without special third party drivers? How come we can't stream native DSD on PC or Mac without ASIO and or DoP. It seems to me maybe USB needs an updated specification and nobody is really running with the ball right now. I'm able to do these things with just a compatible server with my Rendu. My point is that every format has issues...

Jesus R