IGNORED

Article: The Complete Guide To HiFi UPnP / DLNA Network Audio

Another excellent article.

There are a number of other DLNA iOS players that are pretty good. I like 8Player (my files are FLAC 16/44 and 24/96), although I've been experimenting with Remote File Browser because I like the interface. Here is a link. Top 14 DLNA Streaming Apps For iPhone

I also have a question regarding use of the iPad mini in a DLNA environment. I am trying to go Seagate Wireless Plus > iPad mini (iOS 6.1.3) > CCK > USB to SPDIF > coax input of Centrance DACmini (or, ultimately, to coax input of an automobile's processor). I cannot get my M2Tech HiFace2 to work with the iPad mini with or without a powered or unpowered hub. QUESTION - Has anbody had any success connecting an iPad mini to a USB to SPDIF converter?

Joe

You have to go through a powered USB hub to get iPads to talk to an audio device these days. I don't have time to look up the spec, but Apple changed the requirements (or should I say realized that they were not querying the USB device per spec standards in the first iPad iOS) about 5 months after iPad gen one came out.

I've tried two different powered hubs. No luck. Maybe my HiFace2 is a lemon.

Joe