IGNORED

FS or TRADE - Logitech Sqeezebox Touch w/Remote, WiFi and Touchscreen

Gosh- I suppose you do have some justification on your side, and you might even get someone to buy it for that price. Unlikely to be anyone from here of course, so ebay or Audiogon might be a better market for you.

On the other hand, you will just have to live with people here feeling you are trying to rip them off.

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I don't think whether you agree or not will matter at all to the people that think you are ripping them off. Most who agree with Eloise will probably just tune you out and say nothing at all in public. I think Eloise was doing you a great favor pointing that out to you - I would appreciate it if she ever did the same for me in a similar situation.

In fact, the more this thread is read, the less likely it is to make a sale here, though I admit, dropping the price is a good sign. Why don't you let us know what you finally sell it for? I would expect $200 is the best you will see.

That "Market Price" you see on e-Bay and to a lesser extent, on Audiogon, is most likely driven by shills and rip off artists. There was an analysis done not long ago that showed most of the items selling for higher than retail price on e-bay, driving a high "market price," were sold by sellers who did not have to pay a listing or a sale fee. The most interesting part? The same item (at least the same listing, picture, etc.) would come up for sale again in a week or so at the same or a higher price. From the same seller. Like I said, shills and rip off artists.

Then again, you might get lucky. I wish you luck.

-Paul

I don't agree that people are being "ripped off as you call it." The market price is the market price. You don't have to like it, it is what it is.

My focus is on people who are interested in a Squeezebox Touch. To those people, lets talk.

BTW, thanks for keeping my listing at the top of the page. ;)

Robert A. Heinlein

We bought a used National Semiconductor coprocessor card on ebay in October 1995, and sold a few hunks of computer gear to finance Christmas presents the same year. Back when people had to send checks to each other to pay for things... trust me when I say the current ebay is absolutely full of shills and scam artists.

As I said, good luck with that. Nobody is trying to accuse you of anything, but trying to sell something for an inflated price to highly informed consumers like those of us here, and use e-bay as an example... well. Good luck again. I'm out of this crazy conversation.

-Paul

Paul, thanks for your commentary. I myself have sold hundreds of things on eBay over the years and I'm a regular guy. I don't believe that the vast majority of items being sold are by scam artists and rip offs. It'd interesting to read that analysis you refer to. While I can appreciate a person not wanting to buy something at market value its not a debate. When anyone sells something they have the right (I don't really know why I have to state this as we are all seemingly conscience adults) to sell the product for what we think it's worth. I see that Touch's garner a certain price so I ask that price. If the market won't bear it or the circumstances change I may modify the price (like because I have a new piece coming soon).

There's no tom foolery going on here although you and Eloise seem to lead viewers to believe that. I'm selling a Squeezebox Touch for Christ's sake. I'm not planning world domination. Lighten up.

"Man, you two are a trip...you come onto my listing and try to make me look like a ch..." I should stop writing now.

Robert A. Heinlein

Alot of us are highly informed buyers; it has to do with availability. If you want something, you'll likely pay the going rate. I have Squeezebox Touch for sale. Wanna buy it?

(Grin) well, if you do sell it, I have three Brand-new unopened units in a closet here. I might commission you to sell them... ;)

Robert A. Heinlein