IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

HI Damien, Do I need to purchase a new license for the new version?

If you have a legit licence, the answer is "No". I've just downloaded it and am now listening to some wonderfully reproduced music as I type this. :)

Some things in life just keep betting better and more enjoyable.

Damien, yer bludz wurf bottlin'.

Synology NAS, Mac Mini 2011 (with SSD and 16GB RAM), Lampizator L4 Gen4 PCM DAC, Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2 line pre-amp, SGR CX4F active speakers, Apple iPad (as remote).

Software: OS X Mavericks, Amarra Symphony 3.0 with iRC/Audirvana Plus 1.5.12/, Remoter VNC (on iPad). CAD OS X script v2.2 (to remove redundant processes).

OS X Mavericks running from SD card; 8 GB RAM disk for music files.

All connected via a snakes nest of various exotic cables! ;o)

HI Damien, Do I need to purchase a new license for the new version?

Not at all, the upgrades for all the 1.x (and maybe the 2.x as well...) are all free. There is no yearly tax ;)

The only point is that the beta versions are not pushed through the automated update system. You then need to download them manually, and your license is automatically recognized.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Bug Report: The sorting by track # does work with the GUI list, but unfortunately playback still follows the non-sorted order. Forward (>|) & Previous track (|<) also follow the non-sorted order queue.

Thanks for the heads up. Too late night work...

I've fixed it in 1.4.9.9 you can get at the usual place.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Damien, yer bludz wurf bottlin'.

Should he take this as a compliment, or start watching out for Ozzie vampires?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks for the heads up. Too late night work...

I've fixed it in 1.4.9.9 you can get at the usual place.

Damien

With 1.4.9.9 I am still getting error messages when loading playlists directly. When trying to play an album using itunes integrated mode, the music plays but the songs are not from the album I selected. Instead songs from numerous albums seem to randomly play.

Robert

Hi Damien! I evaluated A+ 1.4 using the 15-day trial back in March, however I decided not to purchase a license at that time. Reading the comments about 1.5 Beta, it seems that there are significant improvements and I would like to re-evaluate the program once 1.5 is officially released. Will I be able to do this under the 15-day trial or was that a one time deal? Thanks!

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Hi Damien,

Would it be possible in a Playlist window to have a summary line that shows both the number of tracks and the Playlist's total running time? (Kinda like in iTunes)

And I so much love the custom setting for upsampling. This way, I can double the upsampling for, say, just 44.1kHz and 48kHz tracks, and don't upsample other tracks that are natively high definition.

Thanks,

Dave, who would also like a command in the file menu for "New Playlist" which he can create easily enough by going back and forth between integrated and not-integrated but a separate command would be more elegant

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In both 1.4.9.8 and 1.4.9.9 a track will occasionally start to play for about 3 seconds, then will stop, and start from the beginning of the track with no further problem. Also getting a few pops between tracks sometimes. I'm using iTunes integrated mode. Using in "exclusive access" and "direct" modes. My DAC does not support "integer" mode. Also using AU graphic equalizer.

2011 Mac Mini with 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion.

I'm not sure how to use the "debug info" feature. Should I pause play right after it happens and then click on "debug info?"

Question for those who know about HDCD's? I know this was technology microsoft acquired back in the 90's and to access the 20bit resolution you need to have a player that had the decoder to access the 20bit info. So my question is if you use Audirvana and upsample to 24bit are you getting the 20bit padded to 24bit or just the 16bit padded to 24bit? Secondly are you getting any of the HDCD info that is being upsampled to 24bit?

If I understand things correctly, the HDCD flag is encoded in the LSB. If you play back an HDCD-encoded disc without decoding, you essentially have a 15-bit file. Upsampling will only pad the 15-bit file as the HDCD flag (LSB) does not contain usable data. This is a sore point with me as I have a lot of HDCD-encoded discs that sound worse now that I am playing them back as ripped files without decoding. They have lost the "magic" that HDCD playback offers. Now they are merely decent discs rather than great ones.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

And I so much love the custom setting for upsampling. This way, I can double the upsampling for, say, just 44.1kHz and 48kHz tracks, and don't upsample other tracks that are natively high definition.

I appreciate this feature as well, I have a new NOS DAC inbound and only want to up-sample Red Book and possibly 48khz hi res tracks.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Just paid for my demo after comparing it to Pure Music sound quality wise. Nice.

One thing I still sometimes need to use Pure Music for though (dont know if it might have been mentioned here already) is that with Audirvana I cant listen to Fabfilter Eq changes on the fly like I can with Pure Music. Having to stop and start the app makes it really difficult to discern minor Eq changes.

Thanks Damien, I'm loving the newest beta!

I have a request - I have a DAC that's only capable of 96khz but I have some albums in 24/192 which need to be downsampled. After playing around with izotope, I prefer different settings for upsampling redbook and downsampling 24/192. Could you add a way to save izotope settings (and maybe even link settings to sample rates in the new Forced Upsampling Custom dialog box?)

Thanks!

Damien should get paid for each personal request :D

I'd gladly chip in a bit more! At the rate he is adding to both the feature set and performance, I sure hope his business model is working out for him.

I know some people will be mad at me for suggesting this, but I think that when A+ hits version 2.0 he should make a charge for the upgrade from 1.x. His target customer is a finite group, so regardless of the praise we heap upon the product here in this "in-the-know" forum, and even with the numbers that come over to A+ from competing programs, I doubt that his new user license base can expand fast enough over the long term to generate a decent income (though perhaps Damien has a "day job").

I know some people will be mad at me for suggesting this, but I think that when A+ hits version 2.0 he should make a charge for the upgrade from 1.x.

... mind sharing those that will be mad at you? ;-)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Well not you Paolo. Because I know you are made of money! :-O

bad wording, sorry. I was meaning that I totally agree with you about 2.0 being a paid upgrade so... there will be two for some people to be mad at :-p

and no: I'm not made of money, but I strongly believe work has to be paid. great work even more ;-)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

bad wording, sorry. I was meaning that I totally agree with you about 2.0 being a paid upgrade so... there will be two for some people to be mad at :-p

Don't apologize. I knew what you meant. I was trying to be funny, but I forget that American humor a) does not translate well overseas; and/or b) is not funny.