IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

I'm having a problem with 1.4.6. Playing in Itunes integrated mode. Plays one track in an album, advances to the next and stops. I have to release Itunes playback and start again.

Sorry, I meant 1.4.6.5. Any suggestions?

My speakers (B&W CDM7SE) have pretty hot tweeters. Perhaps you can suggest a starting point to roll-off some of the hashness and sibilance I hear from cymbals, and from vocals, where a female singer might be too close to the microphone.

I assume that I should use either the high shelf filter, the lowpass filter, the band pass filter, or the graphic equalizer, but which, and what would be an appropriate starting point, without losing the amazing transparency that I otherwise enjoy in my music with Audirvana Plus.

I recommend that you experiment with the Parametric EQ filter. Start with a center frequency of 4000 or 4500 Hz, Q=1, and Gain = –3dB.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Is it possible to do that with Apple's AU plugins?

I'll add the presets load/save for the next build.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

What means this (I've only DSD64 in green)?

You need the latest 1.7.2 beta from Mytek for DSD128.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1.5 crashes as soon as I want to use AU plugins.

Doesn't recognize also some of my plugins. Voxengo spectrum analyzer is in my list with the other Apple AU, but not Fabfilter Pro-Q, which works perfectly with PureMusic...

I've verified in my library/audio/plugins, both are there (components for voxengo and fabfilter in the AU folder), but there's only 1 (voxengo) in the list for AU plugins in A+ preferences...

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Thanks a lot, Damien! I was waiting for years for this feature in a good player!

Works fine with AU iZotope Ozone5 (i use playlist mode).

Just one issue with AU active: After buttons PAUSE and NEXT Track, there is a short sound of the track playing before.

And please, I need an option for the use of a bigger font in playlist!!

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

I've just released the public beta for 1.5 with Multichannel playback, and Audio Units plugins support.

The user manual is up to date.

... what can I say, Damien: with this beta my tubes are back :-p and sound is overall... just stunning! :-)

lots of body on June Tabor's voice and lots of fine details in the underlying Huw Warren's piano and Iain Ballamy's sax

oh... did I mention *body*? ;-)

thank you once more

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

It is very easy to compare two or more versions of A+ and quickly switch.

no need to, here: 1.4.9.5 conquered me in, maybe, less than 30 seconds ;-p

seems to me too soundstage is less deep, but in exchange... OMG: *focus* is the word here! :-)

and only change has been A+ version: I opened prefs just to look at the new "filters pane" but haven't changed a thing

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

no need to, here: 1.4.9.5 conquered me in, maybe, less than 30 seconds ;-p

seems to me too soundstage is less deep, but in exchange... OMG: *focus* is the word here! :-)

Yes, I'm with you on this Paolo. The difference is very easy to hear right away--and is as you describe. My only reason for going back and forth a couple of times (with a range of 4-6 tracks that tell me everything) was to be sure that what we are giving up (from the prior version) is not going to be missed.

As I described in my first impressions on the first page, there was always so much "air" in the recordings, and in hindsight that should have made me suspicious. Whenever there is a common character between different recordings, that is usually a sign that something in the chain is imposing its "fingerprint." Every recording should sound different. But we are talking about unknown software changes in a digital system that was already quite remarkable. It is the old saw of not knowing what more is possible until you hear it!

• Fix last seconds of the last of a playlist being cut off in iTunes integrated mode/QUOTE]

right: now it plays last track to the last second then... seems to get stuck there: play position's "diamond" stops a couple mm from the end of last track and A+ never releases playback (so if I try to start playing another album nothing happens)

aarrrgghhh! ;-p

headphones system:

... you mean I'm alone on this? :-/

headphones system:

play position's "diamond" stops a couple mm from the end of last track and A+ never releases playback

tried once more: A+ "diamond" stops at 8.00 of an 8.03 track and doesn't release playback :-(

headphones system:

... you mean I'm alone on this? :-/

not sure, if this is of any help, but no you are not alone on this.... ;-(

With 1.4.6 I started to have these issues with stopping early, repeating sequences of the track just been played about 3 weeks ago - before that everything worked just fine (??????). Unchecking "iTunes Position off" significantly reduced the problems, didn't stop them completely though.

Out of desperation I decided to become b-tester. First trial: Schubert Symphony # 5&8 --> failed. Repetition of the first seconds of the last track again....

Last chance: Audirvana Set up and uncheck iTunes position and hope for the best.

Good luck to you

That is the Castle Aarrrgghhh of Holy Grail fame.

... oooops :-(

headphones system:

uncheck iTunes position and hope for the best.

ok, thanks: I'll try tomorrow (hoping also a reboot helps: today I only installed the new version and played a couple of albums)

headphones system: