IGNORED

Pandora One Sound Quality

Wanted to make sure this got out: Pandora One does NOT provide 192K SQ for "home listening devices" just for computer based listening. This is according to Pandora Tech Support.

Scott

MacBook Pro, 16gb RAM, 500gb storage, McIntosh MA-6900, Paradigm Reference Signature 6 Towers, Cambridge Audio Magic Streamer 6, Mountain Lion, iTunes 11.0.X.

Wanted to make sure this got out: Pandora One does NOT provide 192K SQ for "home listening devices" just for computer based listening. This is according to Pandora Tech Support.

Scott

This is a big deal to some of us so I wanted to repeat it and let you know I verified with Cambridge Audio also. Pandora mandates that updated 192k bit rate music file transfer is ONLY for computer/web-based music listening. Therefore, the ONLY benefit of upgrading to Pandora One is ad-free listening, if you listen to anything other than computer.

To me, this is pretty deceptive on Pandora's part as I have not been able to find any disclaimer on their website.

MacBook Pro, 16gb RAM, 500gb storage, McIntosh MA-6900, Paradigm Reference Signature 6 Towers, Cambridge Audio Magic Streamer 6, Mountain Lion, iTunes 11.0.X.