IGNORED

Article: A Visit To Aurender Headquarters In Seoul Korea

Good note! I wonder if there is any way to purchase their cases? They are a work of art!

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

The Auender team has been wonderful when it comes to support which although expected for the price point is not always the case.

The iPad software also has been a joy to use! My understanding is that the new W20 will be around 15,000 USD. I have been a user of the S10 since they initially were released.

thanks

Francisco

Well $15,000 throws purchasing the case out the window! They probably would want $3000 for the case :)

Equipment:

Auralic Vega DAC, Auralic Taurus Preamp, KEF LS50 Speakers, Hypex Ncore400 monoblock amps, CAPs V3, Paul Hynes SR5 (12v and 9v rails), Audioquest King Cobra XLRs, Signal Cable speaker cable, Furutech power and USB cable

For $15,000 the W20 is stunning value for prospective dCS Scarlatti/Vivaldi owners who leave out the SACD transport (£24,500).

I'm willing to pay premium dollar for an Aurender model with just the USB digital out (DoP standard too).

Nice listening room they have there. I'd hook up some nitrous oxide bottles to mix into the oxygen system. Then listeners would always be smiling!

Seriously though, did the Aurender staff reveal any plans regarding development of their own DAC? That would seem to be a logical next step for the firm next year.

Can you explain a little regarding what "dual wire AES" is? How does it differ from standard AES/EBU? What DACs support it? What advantages are claimed.

Thanks for making the trip and for providing background about this interesting company. Here is a short video tour of the W20 by Mr. Kim of TV Logic:

I watched the video before reading your trip report. Until I read your report I was confused when he introduced himself as being from TV Logic (I figured maybe they were a distributor).

Nice listening room they have there. I'd hook up some nitrous oxide bottles to mix into the oxygen system. Then listeners would always be smiling!

Seriously though, did the Aurender staff reveal any plans regarding development of their own DAC? That would seem to be a logical next step for the firm next year.

Can you explain a little regarding what "dual wire AES" is? How does it differ from standard AES/EBU? What DACs support it? What advantages are claimed.

Thanks for making the trip and for providing background about this interesting company. Here is a short video tour of the W20 by Mr. Kim of TV Logic:

I watched the video before reading your trip report. Until I read your report I was confused when he introduced himself as being from TV Logic (I figured maybe they were a distributor).

Dual wire AES is a standard used by dCS, Chord, Esoteric, and a few other companies. The Pacific Microsonics Model 2 also uses dual wire AES. I think the advantages / disadvantages could be debated forever without a conclusion. As far as the Aurender team is concerned I think they support dual wire AES (and single wire) because their customers have DACs from these manufacturers.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png