IGNORED

Can 24/96 downloads be burned to DVD-A discs?

Keep a few limitations in mind with regard to all the programs mentioned in this thread:

"The maximum permissible total bitrate [for a DVD-A audio stream] is 9.6 Megabits per second. Channel/resolution combinations that would exceed this need to be compressed. In uncompressed modes, it is possible to get up to 96/16 or 48/24 in 5.1, and 192/24 in stereo. To store 5.1 tracks in 88.2/20, 88.2/24, 96/20 or 96/24 MLP encoding is mandatory." (From Wikipedia)

None of the applications mentioned above provides MLP compression, with the exception of DiskWelder Chrome (which costs almost $3000, in large part probably due to some hefty MLP license fees).

Sadly, that's the only standards-compliant compression method for DVD-Audio. (Maybe we should create a new "unofficial" DVD-Audio standard that uses FLAC instead of MLP as the lossless compression algorithm... :))

But don't sweat it, Sammie: as long as you're only dealing with stereo tracks, you don't need MLP compression, and in that case, even the free DVD-A authoring tool on SourceForge that I mentioned will "do the trick"...

Please: no beverage consumption while reading my posts. I won\'t clean your monitor.

If you had wished to store 24/192 albums I could understand your need. For 24/96 why not burn the tracks to DVD-V?

When I first had the same need as you I also thought I needed DVD-A and so bought Diskwelder Bronze, but then I discovered that the Mac program Toast could burn 24/96 tracks with basic documentation and track navigation onto DVD-V, just by dropping the data files into its window!

I suggest that you look into this (or PC equivalent if that is your platform).

David

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

running under OS X 10.5.6!

So is it an OS X improvement 10.4 to 10.5 that allows burning audio tracks (AIFF) to DVD-V?

David

Some more detail might be helpful:

Under Toast 8 go to the Video heading in the main window.

Within this select DVD-V.

Then go to the 'option' box and set the encoding to 'Custom'

then hit the 'more' button and check 'encoding' button: set "Audio Format" to 96 kHz, 24 bit.

Note that you can also use 'Menus' button to set style and content of display of your audio tracks.

Let me know any problems.

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

• 1 month later...

I have Sony DVD RW DW-D150A on my 2006 Mac Pro - this was the standard Apple 'universal' disc writer. It can write CD -R, -RW and DVD -R, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW. I've used all of these except DVD+RW.

If you have a specific drive in mind I suggest you do a Google search for its spec.

• 5 months later...

A reasonably inexpensive commercial program , and yes, I have used it :

http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/index.htm

SandyK

P.S. It can also upsample to 24/96.

Audio DVD Creator

Create your own music DVD and enjoy it on any DVD player!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio DVD Creator is a revolutionary tool that changes the way you listen to your favorite music. You can create DVD disc compiled from normal Audio CDs and MP3 files, and play it on any DVD player since it's DVD-Video compliant. You can choose the audio format from high quality (up to 6 hours PCM 48kHz/16bits) or high quantity (up to 45 hours AC3 192kbps).

Please note: Audio DVD should not be confused with DVD-Audio, for which you need a special player and discs!

Audio DVD Creator creates not just DVDs: it lets you also create Audio CD, and play it in your car or on your home stereo.

Features:

Put several (about 5-6) Audio CDs on one DVD with perfect audio quality.

Put thousands of audio files on one DVD with top audio quality.

Create DVD menu automatically.

Create up to 99 DVD titles.

Burn the Audio DVD to DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW directly.

Create the Audio DVD to hard disk files.

Output format is DVD-Video compliant, so that it can be played by any DVD player.

Rip Audio CD to WAV files, and import them to Audio DVD directly.

Import 96kHz/24bits WAV files, and keep the superb quality.

Import Windows Media Format(.wma, .wmv, .asf), Real Media(.rm), OGG, FLAC, AC3 and AVI files via DirectShow Filters.

Preview shows an overview of your Audio DVD.

Save/Load your project, and edit it anytime.

Blazing fast speed, only need about 30 minutes to create a PCM format Audio DVD. For AC3 format, it may need several hours.

Easy to use: the wizard will guide you step by step - very suitable for beginners!

Create Audio CD.

Import AC3 5.1ch or AC3 2ch files, and export them to Audio DVD without quality loss.

Use Matrix Mixer to convert 2ch audio input to AC3 5.1ch output.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020