IGNORED

Amp, DAC, USB Converter, Power Cables, Digital Cables, Speaker Cables, Interconnects, Conditioner

Time to clear out some gear…..

Payment: I prefer Paypal.

Shipping:

a) With respect to the Bel Canto amplifier and the AR-T converter, shipping will be assessed to the buyer, shipping is from 84101 (Salt Lake City, Utah). I will eat the Paypal charges.

b) For all other items, please add $10 for USA shipping. I will eat the Paypal charges and any shipping cost in excess of the $10 (ground shipping). You can, of course, request expedited shipping, but you will be responsible for the additional cost. International shipping charges in excess of $10 will be assessed to the buyer.

Bel Canto REF500S amplifier: Terrific condition, original exterior and interior boxes, packing materials and owner’s manual. I used some Mapleshade brass footers, and these left some small scratches on the bottom of the amp (see pic). Outstanding product, great reviews (if you are searching for reviews, you will also find reviews of the REF500M, which is identical to the REF500S, except, of course, the REF500M is a mono design).

originally $2,595, on sale for $1,400

iPhonePictures4314.jpg

Picture105_zps2b6ddceb.jpg

Picture098_zps7e413cd8.jpg

Picture094_zps27a1bf89.jpg

Picture093_zps7e29c9ed.jpg

Picture088_zpsad0cc335.jpg

AR-T (Analog Research-Technology) Legato II usb/spdif converter: This is the current Legato II version released last fall (October of 2012), not the original Legato I version. This is a ‘giant killer’ converter. Pat is a genius. If, like me, the majority of your music collection is redbook, the Legato II is hard to beat and compares with the best converters. It will also play hi-rez files, but they will be down-sampled, and still sound good. This unit runs on battery power, but you keep it plugged in all the time. It automatically senses when music is not being played and charges up when not active. The waiting list for this converter is very long and for good reason. Comes with charger. Pat uses USPS boxes, so there is no AR-T box. Unit is in terrific condition, no issues. One item to note… this unit was among the first units from the first production run of the Legato II. As such, the PCB (printed circuit board inside the unit) does not have silk screening. You would only know this if you opened it up. I have never opened it, Pat just told me about the lack of silk screening. Of course this is an interior, cosmetic item and has not impact whatsoever on the sound.

As Pat’s website is out of date and does not have any info on the current Legato (the Legato on his website is the original version), here is a Legato II review thread:

AR-T Legato II USB-S/PDIF Converter

I am bundling this Legato II with an updated version of Pat’s ‘u-Byte s/pdif digital cable, which retails for $200. The cable is 8 feet (optimal length, determined by Pat and the only length available in this cable), has bnc terminations, and comes with one adapter.

Originally $1,000 (converter $800, cable $200), combined package sale for $650.

Picture067_zps89c507cd.jpg

Picture059_zpse6b266c1.jpg

Picture051_zpsfe13bfd1.jpg

Blue Circle Audio Thingee usb DAC: Redbook usb DAC. So ugly it’s cool. I love Blue Circle gear. See Blue Circle Audio’s website for details. It was awarded Good Sound’s 2008 ‘Product of the Year’.

Link to BC website, which also contains a link to some reviews of the Thingee:

USB Thingee

Originally $170, on sale for $70.

Picture128_zps651258e1.jpg

Picture126_zps2c729f71.jpg

Picture124_zps81e98048.jpg

Audioquest Coffee usb cable: Perfect, like new condition, cable is .75m in length. Original box, very low useage as I have about a dozen usb cables.

Originally $280, on sale for $170.

Picture107_zps9572f4e5.jpg

Nordost Blue Heaven usb cable: Perfect, like new condition, cable is 1.0min length. Original box, very low useage as I have about a dozen usb cables.

Originally $250, on sale for $150.

Picture120_zps625e6f2d.jpg

Nordost Flat Line Gold speaker cables: Each cable has spades on one end, and the other end has banana plugs. One cable is 30 feet long, the other cable is a little over 25 feet in length. These are long runs. You could shorten these cables to create additional shorter cables.

While these cables perform perfectly, in terms of cosmetics, there are a number of issues. While most of the length of each cable is in fine cosmetic condition, each cable has a fair number of points where there are scuffs and scrapes. If cosmetics are important to you, please don’t buy these cables. Also, there are 8, small OFC strands in each cable. On the 30’ cable, one of the 8 strands appears to have a small nick or cut to the strand itself (just at one point, and only to 1 of the 8 strands). I have used these cables for many years, with no issues.

Originally about $450, on sale for $180.

Picture164_zpsfcf35e46.jpg

Picture160_zpsb4a04533.jpg

Harmonic Technology Magic Digital Two s/pdif cable: This cable is 1.0m in length, has rca terminations, and is in perfect condition. It has locking connectors on each end, you simply push the cable on, then screw in the locking connector for a very solid connection. This is a nice feature.

Originally $500, on sale for $260.

Picture145_zps0b35917c.jpg

Mapleshade Excalibur Digital s/pdif cable: This is a brand new cable design from Mapleshade, just released in January of 2013 (it is not yet on Mapleshade’s website, but was in the recent Mapleshade print catalog). The cable is 1.0m in length, and is the upgraded ‘plus’ version. Cable is in perfect condition and includes the original box. Terrific cable, I just went to an AES/EBU cable, so that is why I am selling.

Originally $167, on sale for $130.

Picture079_zpsb5d01b43.jpg

Cardas Clear M Power power cable: New power cable design from Cardas, in perfect condition and original packaging. Cable is 5 feet, or 1.5m in length, 15 amp.

Originally $550, on sale for $375.

Picture140_zps7a548b83.jpg

Running Springs Audio Mongoose power cable: This is a cult classic. RSA takes the Cardas Golden Reference power cable and upgrades it to create the RSA Mongoose. The cable is 5 feet, or 1.5m in length, 15 amp. Condition is good, but not cosmetically perfect. Some of the lettering on the shrink wraps are a bit worn. This is a great power cord. Good enough that Conrad Johnson included it with their reference level $10,000 Premier 350SA power amplifier.

Originally $700, on sale for $400.

Picture132_zps8725cf3b.jpg

Pangea AC-14SE power cable: Cable is 1.0m and in great shape.

Originally $60, on sale for $30.

Picture159_zps3b044b94.jpg

Synergistic Research Luminessence RCA interconnects: Good condition, nice bang for the buck interconnects from SR. Pair is 1.0m in length.

On sale for $50.

Picture148_zps74f5627a.jpg

PS Audio Duet Power Conditioner: Good condition, works great. I also have the original box and owner's manual.

Originally $300, on sale for $150.

Picture082_zps1fef3486.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Sorry, the price on the Running Springs Mongoose power cord is $350, not $400.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

...and shipping on the Duet conditioner will be handled in the same fashion as the Bel Canto amp and AR-T converter.

The Legato II converter and u-Byte cable are sold.

Synergistic Research interconnects are sold.

PS Audio Duet Conditioner, and Pangea power cord are sold.

Also, I just realized I typed in the price incorrectly for the Bel Canto REF500s.

The price is $1,250.

Thanks,

Blake

Platforms and brass footers for sale? :)

Yeah are those Mapleshade or BattleRocks platforms?

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Mapleshade, but not for sale :)

Nordost Blue Heaven usb and RSA Mongoose power cord are sold.

• 2 weeks later...

5/3/13 update:

Everything is sold, except for the Nordost speaker cables.

Price reduced on Nordost speaker cables. $155.

Everything is sold. Lock 'er up.

Just a parting comment, those platofrms are beautiful!

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

Thanks!

Thanks!

lots of clearing house...just curious if you're moving in another direction equipment wise....what's up? always interested in these changes when someone, whose take on thing I respect, is moving on...

regards,

wdw

Hey wdw. For better or worse, my methodology is to accumulate gear- multiple usb cables, multiple dacs, multiple amps, etc. I then swap things in and out over an extended period of time to determine the best overall synergy. Once I get a final setup sorted out, I sell off all the extra stuff. I am quite happy with my current set up (in my sig line). I have determined not to purchase any audio gear for this upcoming year, other than the iFi Gemini usb cable.

Cheers, Blake

Hey wdw. For better or worse, my methodology is to accumulate gear- multiple usb cables, multiple dacs, multiple amps, etc. I then swap things in and out over an extended period of time to determine the best overall synergy. Once I get a final setup sorted out, I sell off all the extra stuff. I am quite happy with my current set up (in my sig line). I have determined not to purchase any audio gear for this upcoming year, other than the iFi Gemini usb cable.

Cheers, Blake

No way...

"I have determined not to purchase any audio gear for this upcoming year,"

Good luck with that, ;-)