IGNORED

Do friends let friends listen to iPod docks?

Wow. Talk about not anticipating the response my post would get. Here's a little more detail. The get-together we're having is part of a monthly business association meeting a group of us have. While we typically discuss business and other matters, this group has heard enough about my passion for audio that they're curious what it's all about. Of the meeting we'll be having at my house, I have one hour for a "demo". I want their jaws to drop when they hear audio done really well. I even have an slim hope that one or more might consider investing in a starter audiophile system if they like what they hear enough. And whether you agree with them or not, that's what virtually every manufacturer and dealer at almost every show shoots for, albeit with generally less popular music. You can disagree with my thinking and say letting them hear their music reproduced well is more important than hearing music they likely don't know reproduced really well, but that's the thought behind my post and that's really the question.

Joel

Thanks for clarifying Joel. I agree with others, an hour certainly allows enough time for listening to both your associates and your own music and it's likely they will be blown away hearing their own played through your system. Have fun and enjoy the opportunity.

Here is a pic of.... wait, what were we talking about again?

Sheep.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

PS FWIW, I'm a little inexperienced in matters of the heart in Utah. But if you like sheep, I'd recommend Aberdeen, where they'll do a very romantic ceremony for you and your wooly loved one.

I much prefer Australian sheep. Far fewer hang-ups.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Sheep.

Ah, yes, sheep.

I love sheep! Question is, do I love sheep as much as my wives? Hmmm.......

For my wives numbered 7 through 3, this is a close call but I may prefer my sheep. Wives 1 and 2, well, they hold a special place in my heart.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Sheep.

Sheep...?

BBC News

(Sorry about the link rather than embedded pic...)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Three out of five wives wear sandals in the snow.

Ewe don't say!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Three out of five wives wear sandals in the snow.

Yeah, those 3 complained daily about the dress code I have imposed on my flock. They are the artsy types. You know, hippies.

I grew tired of the nagging so I decided to allow them to let their respective 'freak flags fly' by granting them a limited footwear exemption from my dress code. As you can see, they made damn sure the whole world could see their sandals in this pic.

Show offs.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I think you should stop being a prima-donna audio-snob! Listening to music is about a shared mutual enjoyment.

It always makes me sad when people feel like this. Its almost as bad as having a personal listening room where the wife (or husband) isn't allowed because a second person in the room will spoil the ambience (extreme example).

Let them listen to their music, then play some of yours!

If you want to help them play back their music at the best quality possible, then add a Apple TV (or AirPort Express) to your set-up so they can use AirPlay.

Oh and if they are iTunes downloads they are lively to be 256k AAC not 128k MP3...

Eloise

+1