IGNORED

Article: JRiver Mac vs JRiver Windows Sound Quality Comparison

Yesterday I loaded Windows 8 Pro with Boot Camp on my Early 2011 MacBook Pro. I installed the driver for the MSB Tech Analog DAC and used JRiver 18 to play back files from a Thunderbolt G-RAID drive.

Folks, JRiver in Windows 8 does not sound the same as JRiver for OSX 10.83 with the same hardware.

I know this is an impossible finding, but it has been confirmed by Lucy.

Steve Plaskin

No, I think you are mixing up the installation and the running. Apple computers use an EFI boot bios, not well supported by Windows. There is a EFI boot loader that starts the windows Boot process, but that's it.

Most of the "drivers" Apple provides are simply to enable all the hardware in each computer. Ethernet drivers, video drivers, sound drivers, etc. Nothing at all different from what any other PC provider, IBM, Dell, HP. Samsung, etc. provide.

The Apple "specific" drivers are a control panel that allows you to select the boot drive, and a driver that allows you to read HFS partitions. Nothing more. And Windows runs fine without them installed.

-Paul

Paul has it right. Apple is just providing the drivers for their hardware. And it works very well.

Steve Plaskin