IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

For reasons that don't need to be hashed out here, I am reinstating the members previously banned earlier today.

This is an opportunity for those interested in the application and heavily invested in this thread to continue the discussion in a respectful manner.

Thanks Mr Connaker. Much appreciated.

Jorge

OK Guys, here's the deal. I've been in contact with a few CA members over the course of the day and evening. While I respect every opinion offered in this thread, via PM, and email, I glean more insight from members who can discuss the situation with me in an in-heated manner. For reasons that don't need to be hashed out here, I am reinstating the members previously banned earlier today.

This is not an endorsement of MQn or previous comments. In fact I've never tried the application. This is an opportunity for those interested in the application and heavily invested in this thread to continue the discussion in a respectful manner.

Thanks Chris, you were just misled by manipulator.

if possible, unplug all fans in PC. if you have a tower CPU cooler, can unplug the cpu fan too. cleaner audio .....

Hope this thread continues without a "cooler" !

I've no overclock experience, if I unplug the tower cpu cooler fan first in room temperature of about 30 degree C., what cpu upper limit temperature can still be safe ?

Iori

Hope this thread continues without a "cooler" !

I've no overclock experience, if I unplug the tower cpu cooler fan first in room temperature of about 30 degree C., what cpu upper limit temperature can still be safe ?

Iori

heard you have 3770. 95c is upper limit. best under 85c. use realtemp to check temperature. not possible to go over 70c from using MQn. there is risk. if worry, don't do it. or you could just set fan speed to lowest

i dont know whether to post testing result here or at the other forum. sbgk may have moved on.

Thanks everyone for the kind support, for a while there it looked like the bullies were going to win. However, I think we have seen a number of things exposed for what they are in the last 24 hours and it has cost me extreme personal stress due in large part to the actions of the owner in not moderating effectively and then siding with his friends when offered the chance.

Due to the lack of protection afforded me in this thread from overt trolling, the commercial nature of the site and hidden motives (Jriver personal friend of owner) together with the slanderous accusations made of sockpuppets and other derogatory words in relation to MQn I do not see this as a fit place for me to post in terms of my future health and in terms of the future of MQn which is obviously going to have a big impact on the audio world (every forum seems to have a thread discussing MQn).

You can continue to follow it's progress at mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk

note - I have put a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License on the blog to protect MQn from commercial exploitation

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

You can continue to follow it's progress at mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk

I am shocked at the turn of events and how Chris the owner has forced this situation and sided with Trolls. This is not becoming of a person representing themselves as an audiophile first and foremost. Don't forget his involvement with "small green computer" and his PC builds .... this is a commercial relationship ... don't believe any denial and if not above board then probably a paper bag full of loot. I have this on good authority from another Audio PC manufacturer who I trust and builds Audio PC's much better than Chris's commercial designs peddled by small green computer. MQN is the small guy looking for the best sounding player and from what I have heard and compared to the many commercial players that I have brought, it is. If anything, the actions of Chris will serve to grow support for MQN. I will be following your blog sbgk and future soapbox for MQN. Keep developing and where you are at now with the player is amazing. The only thing I would want would be a way to have remote control via ipad or similar but not at the expense of audio quality which is the priority.

Chris, it's good that you've taken steps to correct things though what's happened can't be totally undone. The reactions of the two people originally banned may not have been ideal but this can happen in the heat of the moment. Also as you are moderating CA all on your own you cannot be expected to pickup a rapidly moving 1,500 post thread and hope to understand all the dynamics.

The nub of this is that I'm sorry to say you've been manipulated by someone with an agenda; whether it be due to their personal beliefs or commercial interests.

Dear Julf - Sam has directed me to this inappropriate comment. Your comment isn't condoned here at CA and has likely set off fireworks. However, those who have responded inappropriately are also responsible for their own behavior. Consider this a warning. More of these comments will lead to ban on your account.

Dear Chris, I can see how that comment could be seen as derisive. I will try my best to ensure a more professional tone in the future.

MQn is written in assembler.

The title of this thread is "Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi milimalist player". To me that implies that the program is written in Visual Studio 2012 and C++, using wasapi libraries, maybe with some sections optimized in assembler. With the new licensing, it seems the source code won't be made available, so I guess there is no way to verify it.

SAD SAD day indeed, the most exciting thread I have had the privelage to participate in over many years derailed so easily, particularly when everything about it was so good. But at least I can continue to follow the evolution of MQN elsewhwere, listened to 2.60 last night with 24 192 tracks and it was like my Meitner has been in hibernation for the past few years, never heard it sound so real. The only thought that kept recurring to me was I was hearing music within music on tracks I though I knew very well. Thanks Chris for at least making the effort to understand what went on here and being upfront with us but it appears that this site may have moved on from where I had it at it in my head in terms of supporting and nurturing the development of CA so with the greatest of respect I will depart CA with the immortal words " I am outta here" Cheers, Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

I am shocked at the turn of events and how Chris the owner has forced this situation and sided with Trolls. This is not becoming of a person representing themselves as an audiophile first and foremost. Don't forget his involvement with "small green computer" and his PC builds .... this is a commercial relationship ... don't believe any denial and if not above board then probably a paper bag full of loot. I have this on good authority from another Audio PC manufacturer who I trust and builds Audio PC's much better than Chris's commercial designs peddled by small green computer. MQN is the small guy looking for the best sounding player and from what I have heard and compared to the many commercial players that I have brought, it is. If anything, the actions of Chris will serve to grow support for MQN. I will be following your blog sbgk and future soapbox for MQN. Keep developing and where you are at now with the player is amazing. The only thing I would want would be a way to have remote control via ipad or similar but not at the expense of audio quality which is the priority.

Well, now this is also unfair. I've manifested myself earlier in favor of sbgk and I can understand his extreme personal stess and subsequent desire to move elsewhere. Is his choice and his right.

To me, Mr Connaker took a decision and then rectified it. Only he knows his motives, but I don't doubt for a second that the site owner is an honest person. I truly think that these accusations of commercial interests are out of place and are also unfair.

In my opinion, Mr Connaker has built a great site, full of resources and intelligent people. Perhaps, what is needed now is a rethinking of the forum moderation tasks (site grown too big for a single moderator perhaps?)

We'll see what happens now, but I think its time to stop accusations and bad mood and return to positive ambient.

Jorge

Well, now this is also unfair. I've manifested myself earlier in favor of sbgk and I can understand his extreme personal stess and subsequent desire to move elsewhere. Is his choice and his right.

To me, Mr Connaker took a decision and then rectified it. Only he knows his motives, but I don't doubt for a second that the site owner is an honest person. I truly think that these accusations of commercial interests are out of place and are also unfair.

In my opinion, Mr Connaker has built a great site, full of resources and intelligent people. Perhaps, what is needed now is a rethinking of the forum moderation tasks (site grown too big for a single moderator perhaps?)

We'll see what happens now, but I think its time to stop accusations and bad mood and return to positive ambient.

Jorge

Well stated and an accurate take on the character of Chris Connaker. I believe your perceptions are correct and uncluttered by the under-lying disappointment. The fault lies elsewhere, not with the character of Chris or his bona fides. However, certain individuals insert themselves and muck things up, then feign their mea culpa until the next time. That is not acceptable compared to the damage done. And damage was done. But with no accountability save a warning, there's bound to be a next time. Watch the fur fly when someone takes a responsible perspective. I value my membership at CA and its evolution as a fertile ground for innovation and excellence.

Best,

Richard

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but looking at a post in March 2012 [extracts below], it seems that Chris banned Julf from CA before?

Hi Guys - Just an FYI. XX and Julf have been banned from CA. Based on their private messages it is clear they were only here for their own amusement. Amusement is the word used in the messages, not my interpretation of what was said or a paraphrase.

Chris commented:

I always encourage people to discuss everything no matter if it's subjective, objective, or something else. These discussions are enjoyable when done in a professional fashion without beating everyone else over the head with one's beliefs. There comes a point when specific users shut down the discussion and remove any possible benefit from the conversations. I felt that point was reached with Julf and XX

For what it's worth now, I support SBGK 100% and his loss to CA is a sizeable loss to this community (and Chris therefore).

Don't forget his involvement with "small green computer" and his PC builds .... this is a commercial relationship ... don't believe any denial and if not above board then probably a paper bag full of loot. I have this on good authority from another Audio PC manufacturer who I trust and builds Audio PC's much better than Chris's commercial designs peddled by small green computer.

Daz - Your comments are wrong and reprehensible. I've said since day one when I published the first CAPS design for free to the entire world that I will never make $0.01 off CAPS servers. To this day I haven't made one penny. In fact I have turned down several requests from people wishing to pay me a licensing fee to sell the CAPS servers. Another fact, the recent CAPS 3 servers actually cost me about $10,000 to design, test, and build. I ordered several components that never made it in the final design. It's impossible to research everything and just order the parts that work best. To do the best job I can I purchase items so the CA readers don't have to waste money figuring out if something works.

Your "good authority" audio pc manufacturer is not telling you the truth. I encourage you to inquire with them again to see if they'll stand by their word. Also, I would appreciate the name of the company who is stating untruths about me. It's only fair when making bold accusations against my credibility that I have an opportunity to at least know where the claims originated. I will happily have a conversation with anyone about this in private or here on the public Internet. I have nothing to hide.

Please contact all of the companies around the world selling CAPS designs or CAPS derivatives and ask them how much money they have paid me. They may ask you what you are talking about. I do the homework, I spend the money, and I hope the hard work pays off through larger readership at CA. That's it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Jorge

Well said Jorge!

Would be nice if sbgk could continue here.

My humble suggestion is:

- for sbgk to keep posting here and CA and "service" the ones how are interested in his work; sbgk, you could show that you can deal with the critics and that you value your work above all...

- for the ones who wish to discuss the "delivery model" of MQplayer to open a separate topic, as is a "nich" discussion that does not interest the majority of us, and of course, has no impact on the product sound wise;

- and maybe a little cleanup in this topic is needed from Chris...

Moderating a forum of this dimension must not be easy...I would certainly do a worst job that is being done by Chris, so I can also hope that people make his life easy by maintaining civility...

"Don't forget his involvement with "small green computer" and his PC builds .... this is a commercial relationship ... don't believe any denial and if not above board then probably a paper bag full of loot. I have this on good authority from another Audio PC manufacturer who I trust and builds Audio PC's much better than Chris's commercial designs peddled by small green computer."

Daz, you should either have to prove your accusations or publicly apologize to Chris.

Otherwise, you're the one who should be banned from this site.

Trashing people's reputation is a serious business without evidence and a serious need to go public with the accusations.

Joel

"Don't forget his involvement with "small green computer" and his PC builds .... this is a commercial relationship ... don't believe any denial and if not above board then probably a paper bag full of loot. I have this on good authority from another Audio PC manufacturer who I trust and builds Audio PC's much better than Chris's commercial designs peddled by small green computer."

Daz, you should either have to prove your accusations or publicly apologize to Chris.

Trashing people's reputation is a serious business without evidence and a serious need to go public with the accusations.

Joel

Well stated. And I concur that Daz owes Chris Connacker an apology. Trashing people's reputation is not only serious business it is libelous. Chris Connacker corrected his decision and reinstated sbgk and jesuscheung when evidence was submitted at his request and he rethought what had taken place and sought to make it right. Chris Connacker did make it right for his part. He further took action in furtherance of that evidence. I would invite Daz to behave similarly. Produce the evidence or if not forthcoming to publicly retract his accusations and offer an apology to Chris Connacker. Less than that is not only irresponsible, he would be seen as behaving like the individual he identified as instigating a controversy that did not exist.

Time to heal wounds. Make amends. It is not too late. Integrity is optional. And Daz, you would not be a lesser person for doing so. Rather a better person for setting it right. Are you up for that? I pray you are.

Best,

Richard

Joel

Ditto!

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but looking at a post in March 2012 [extracts below], it seems that Chris banned Julf from CA before?

Hi Guys - Just an FYI. XX and Julf have been banned from CA. Based on their private messages it is clear they were only here for their own amusement. Amusement is the word used in the messages, not my interpretation of what was said or a paraphrase.

Hey, as long as people now don't think I was that "XX" !

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Hey, as long as people now don't think I was that "XX" !

No - you were not!

I note that Chris did not reply. My point was that Julf had been banned but seemed to have been allowed back by Chris. That seemed inconsistent.

No matter, I have followed SBGK to his new home now.

maybe. they are good versions, but with defect on height. i agree with you that need to fix already good versions.

when open more soundstage, sound like as nearer at us (a bit earache) and we are in wrong distance of instruments and vocal. so need to push farther a bit at listener. 2.60 8 4 in this case, sbgk.

lekt, come sign up to the new forum.

No - you were not!

I note that Chris did not reply. My point was that Julf had been banned but seemed to have been allowed back by Chris. That seemed inconsistent.

Well, things can go funny, and that's the reason I brought up my own credentials (often referred to as "XX"). Point is :

In this very thread I started out in defence of sbgk, a bit of attacking Julf (somewhere page 4 ?) who to me seemed not so nice to sbgk. At that point in time I (too) referred to Julf's previous ban;

But what came from it is that I was bashed at by sbgk (for no reason that I could see at all - me just helping him), so I bashed back in a fashion that could have deserved a nice ban myself. In addition I asked Julf to please continue his, which he refused. Ok, at that time in the thread.

But nobody got banned and all went on fine. Untill a few days ago of course, when out of all sbgk was banned after Julf again put some oil on the fire (but which was elsewhere and of which sbgk deemed it necessary to quote).

So, funny sequence in my of course very personal view.

Even more funny : Minutes before Chris banned the both, I sat here thinking that both the guys should be banned. I totally forgot what I read for this to have that slipped into my mind (it was not that license issue) and I now feel that Chris could have thought the same ... I only noticed the next morning, which is why by then I didn't know anymore what got me thinking like that.

Regards,

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)