Sign in to follow this  
sbgk

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

Rate this topic

Actually it should matter if someone is Mother Teresa, or maybe would Julf find something inappropriate even about her.

I suggest you report any inappropriate and/or factually false messages from me to Chris, so he can take appropriate action.

It doesn't matter if someone is Mother Teresa. If he is disrespectful and unprofessional he can't be part of the CA community.

Question -> Are you really supportive of the name calling and childish comments?

Chris,

While it’s still possible now,

say: ‘Sorry guys, I made a mistake’

30 more posts from now on, that will be impossible.

At that point ‘pride’, ‘honour’, ‘shame’, ‘ego’ or whatever, will make that impossible for you.

Cable Modem/Router < Cat 7 -> Netgear Switch GS108Ev3 -> Cat 7 (25 meters) -> 2nd NIC on Thunderbolt -> Mac Mini (HD-plex -> Uptone DC-Conversion / Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK), OSX on SD-card, Wifi-module physically removed, SSD unplugged from power and SATA, Audirvana, Sonarworks Room EQ).
* Mac Mini -> Cat 7 -> Merging Hapi -> Vovox Mucolink D-sub 25 Direct SD 100 -> Vovox Direct SD XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
* Mac Mini -> Supra USB 2.0 -> Crane Song Solaris -> Vovox Direct S XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
All LAN cable: ISTP Belden Cat.7 1885ENH with Telegartner MFP8 Cat 6a RJ45 plugs.
LAN shield connected at both ends to plug. Modem & switch powered with Linear PSU.
All interconnections: Vovox.

Chris,

While it’s still possible now,

say: ‘Sorry guys, I made a mistake’

30 more posts from now on, that will be impossible.

At that point ‘pride’, ‘honour’, ‘shame’, ‘ego’ or whatever, will make that impossible for you.

Mark - I would be thrilled to apologize if I was in the wrong. However, I've yet to see any evidence of me being in the wrong. I continue to ask for this evidence but haven't received any.

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

I am glad somebody who I won't name pointed me to this thread. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. "minimalist" and .NET in the same sentence - and it just got better from there. Sbgk- well done! You must be having a good laugh at pulling this off! from Julf

Chris at the beginning of this thread (pg. 4) Julf made the above comment, his very first post to this thread. How do you interpret his motivation. Would you considered this a 'professional and respectful post?

I never posted on this thread, simply reading as it progressed. I read other audio forums and when ever someone expresses an 'objective' observation on audio improvements Julf will post a similar post like the one above. It is obvious that Julf knows in advance that the poster does not care about measurements as much as what improvements he hears with his ears. Why would someone search audio forums looking for 'objectives' statements and up pops up Julf challenging their positions. Does this not constitutes harassment and badgering the OP?

If you like I can document other post in other forums where Julf will break in and demand to show proof of such audio difference expresses by the OP, with a condescending attitude. Is this respectful and professional behavior that is acceptable here on CA.? Sam

C.A.P. Pipeline > Roon / HQP> Paul Pang V2 usb > Keces power > HDplex power supply >win 10 > 4x2 HD Mini DSP> Burson Virtuoso > Red Wine Isabellina/ Bel Canto ULink Inspire SET Hot Rod EL84> HornShoppe single Driver> Sunfire 300 > Magnanpan 1.7 > Forte 4A > Rel Strata lll / 2 Hawthorne Augie's Dipole sub's> Deadicated room with acoustical treatment.

I suggest you report any inappropriate and/or factually false messages from me to Chris, so he can take appropriate action.

About what kind of actions are talking here!!!

Before you show up, people were discussing how to improve the sound quality (Isn't that the main reason for this site - Chris), then you start with this "is it GNU GPL compliant or is not" crap! Who cares!!! I don't even know what that mean and I don't care.

All what I do care is that it sounds out of this world and neither you or anyone like you can stop this.

I advice you to better do something useful yourself instead of looking to find something wrong in somebody else s hard work!

I am glad somebody who I won't name pointed me to this thread. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. "minimalist" and .NET in the same sentence - and it just got better from there. Sbgk- well done! You must be having a good laugh at pulling this off! from Julf

MQn is written in assembler.

About what kind of actions are talking here!!!

Before you show up, people were discussing how to improve the sound quality (Isn't that the main reason for this site - Chris), then you start with this "is it GNU GPL compliant or is not" crap! Who cares!!! I don't even know what that mean and I don't care.

All what I do care is that it sounds out of this world and neither you or anyone like you can stop this.

I advice you to better do something useful yourself instead of looking to find something wrong in somebody else s hard work!

sima - Improving our enjoyment of this wonderful hobby is what CA is all about. When discussing technical details of software I think it's very important to ask the developers questions including about the claim of GNU/GPL compliance. The developers thought it was important to put this on their website and I think it's important to ask a question about it. I only wish people could ask and answer questions without getting so worked up.

for example:

Q. Is MQn GNU/GPL compliant?

A. No, the website lists this compliance in error.

The responses left in this thread make it seem like the developers have something to hide. They probably don't have anything to hide but their actions are similar to those who do.

Chris at the beginning of this thread (pg. 4) Julf made the above comment, his very first post to this thread. How do you interpret his motivation. Would you considered this a 'professional and respectful post?

I never posted on this thread, simply reading as it progressed. I read other audio forums and when ever someone expresses an 'objective' observation on audio improvements Julf will post a similar post like the one above. It is obvious that Julf knows in advance that the poster does not care about measurements as much as what improvements he hears with his ears. Why would someone search audio forums looking for 'objectives' statements and up pops up Julf challenging their positions. Does this not constitutes harassment and badgering the OP?

If you like I can document other post in other forums where Julf will break in and demand to show proof of such audio difference expresses by the OP, with a condescending attitude. Is this respectful and professional behavior that is acceptable here on CA.? Sam

Sam - Thank you very much for producing this evidence. I will proceed to warn Julf in the identical manner that I warned the MQn developers.

Chris,

Here are some posts from Julf that show he never posted here in any constructive way:

#99, #106, #112, #157, #359.

I've been visiting CA for years, built CAPS2 and am building CAPS3, thank you Chris for that.

I think that there was a misunderstanding concerning the word "professional". If you read the posts, you'll notice that jesuscheung is not a native English speaking guy (just as myself). He interpreted the word as someone that does some work and receives a payment for that, which is not applicable in this thread.

I'm completely shocked by what happened here. It is just a case of the innocents paying for the sinners.

I am glad somebody who I won't name pointed me to this thread. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. "minimalist" and .NET in the same sentence - and it just got better from there. Sbgk- well done! You must be having a good laugh at pulling this off!

Dear Julf - Sam has directed me to this inappropriate comment. Your comment isn't condoned here at CA and has likely set off fireworks. However, those who have responded inappropriately are also responsible for their own behavior. Consider this a warning. More of these comments will lead to ban on your account.

sima - Improving our enjoyment of this wonderful hobby is what CA is all about. When discussing technical details of software I think it's very important to ask the developers questions including about the claim of GNU/GPL compliance. The developers thought it was important to put this on their website and I think it's important to ask a question about it. I only wish people could ask and answer questions without getting so worked up.

for example:

Q. Is MQn GNU/GPL compliant?

A. No, the website lists this compliance in error.

The responses left in this thread make it seem like the developers have something to hide. They probably don't have anything to hide but their actions are similar to those who do.

Even if the developer has something to hide, aren't all the "Big Developers" hiding something?! Are they expose all they're "secrets"?

The insisting of that question from Julp had no other intention than to provoke this chain of reactions. Nothing decent and nothing good! Pure evil! I'm starting to sound like priest!

Chris,

Here are some posts from Julf that show he never posted here in any constructive way:

#99, #106, #112, #157, #359.

I've been visiting CA for years, built CAPS2 and am building CAPS3, thank you Chris for that.

I think that there was a misunderstanding concerning the word "professional". If you read the posts, you'll notice that jesuscheung is not a native English speaking guy (just as myself). He interpreted the word as someone that does some work and receives a payment for that, which is not applicable in this thread.

I'm completely shocked by what happened here. It is just a case of the innocents paying for the sinners.

Hello adolfo - Thanks for the evidence. I have now warned Julf.

It appears sbgk had no problem with leaving CA. Hi response to my comment was, "lol, good bye." I don't believe there is a language problem there.

It's possible jesuscheung could have a different meaning for the word professional in this context. I am open to communicating with him if he wishes to work things out.

Even if the developer has something to hide, aren't all the "Big Developers" hiding something?! Are they expose all they're "secrets"?

The insisting of that question from Julp had no other intention than to provoke this chain of reactions. Nothing decent and nothing good! Pure evil! I'm starting to sound like priest!

All proprietary software developers have something to hide and it's well known. However, in this case it was put forth that the MQn developers had nothing to hide and when questioned they said "just kidding" (my words not theirs.

All proprietary software developers have something to hide and it's well known. However, in this case it was put forth that the MQn developers had nothing to hide and when questioned they said "just kidding" (my words not theirs.

I don't see a big deal on that! Again, I will judge by the results and benefits this player did to all of as, not by some "just kidding"!

Chris, I follow and respect your work for years. We are all here in the same team and for the same reason: to improve the sound and enjoy the music. Please don't ban the god people and let the "troublemakers" win. Don't rush on your judgement if you are neutral as I hope that you are.

We need Computer Audiophile and we need Sbgk.

I like this Feynman quote

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts”

I believe you call yourself an expert, non ?

What Feynman was saying here is that the truth of what you say is not established by flashing your credentials, and a good scientist is far more interested in what got said than who said it.

--

Do facts matter?

Chris,

you've made a mistake here,

this whole ban was staged from the start, on and off badgering trying to provoke a reaction. Once there was half an excuse for a caution it the thread was brought for your attention

I'm afraid you've been used as pawn in this high end player bashing game

we will carry on regardless

you really must look at the whole picture before handing out cautions and bans rather than judging it on what was handed to you

not what I had expected from you

nige

Chris,

this whole ban was staged from the start, on and off badgering trying to provoke a reaction. Once there was half an excuse for a caution it the thread was brought for your attention

you really must look at the whole picture before handing out cautions and bans rather than judging it on what was handed to you

nige

I know Chris personally and he is a gentleman. He has both the right and the duty to keep order in the forum. Everyone benefits if the discussion is civil and well informed.

I'm going to go turn up the Rolling Stones now!

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

Chris,

nige

Agree 105%, very nice said Nige.

Chris,

nige

+1

Hi all, I've been reading with interest this thread, almost from the beginning. I have no participation in the project decribed here. Just a curious reader.

I'm also an avid reader of CA as a whole, checking new post every day. This is a great site and community.

However, I have to say that, in my opinion, the ban on user sbgk is absolutely unfair. Many have posted already that user Julf has some responsability (having been warned recently by Mr Connaker). My perception from the beginning of the thread has been, more or less, as follows:

One person, sbgk, say something along the lines of "Hey I'm programming a code for a minimal player that I think sounds good" to which Julf invariably would respond along the lines of "Can you show measurements to support claims of the better sound?"

This was so repetitive, so insistent - even when to me it was evident that sbgk didn't had any mediums for such testings - that the behaviour of Julf started to appear to me, as a mere reader, almost as hostigation (don't know if the word is correct, Not my native language). This, in my opinion was inappropriate, not because of use of inappropriate language from Julf, but from the mere fact of insidious repetition.

These continuous inquires for verification would have been justified in the case of a commercial product, but in this case it was clear to me that this "minimalist player" was the work of an experimentalist, perhaps amateur programmer.

If sbgk made an offense of language or style, I certainly feel that the hostigation from Julf occured first, and way way before in fact. This is why I used above the word unfair. I suppose this is the reason why sbgk, once being warned before Julf, he opted for his "goodbye" phrase.

I'm a research engineer in Structural Mechanics. I for sure value truth and measurable facts. But innovation requires also intuition and imagination. This ban on sbgk, but more importantly, the behavior of user Julf in this thread, goes in the opposite direction I feel.

Ideas of amateurs are allowed here?

Jorge

I know Chris personally and he is a gentleman. He has both the right and the duty to keep order in the forum. Everyone benefits if the discussion is civil and well informed.

I'm going to go turn up the Rolling Stones now!

Wow what a surprise to see Jriver posting here. On an amateur thread for a minimal music player.

Well said Nigel +1

OK Guys, here's the deal. I've been in contact with a few CA members over the course of the day and evening. While I respect every opinion offered in this thread, via PM, and email, I glean more insight from members who can discuss the situation with me in an in-heated manner. For reasons that don't need to be hashed out here, I am reinstating the members previously banned earlier today.

This is not an endorsement of MQn or previous comments. In fact I've never tried the application. This is an opportunity for those interested in the application and heavily invested in this thread to continue the discussion in a respectful manner.