IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

Hi Clive - I will take a look at MQn as a product versus non-product once again. In some ways it doesn't matter though.

Nobody has provided me with specific evidence of inappropriate posts from anyone other than the two users previously discussed.

Chris,

It's all too late now anyway. It's not that Julf made blatantly inappropriate individual posts, he was jibing at MQn rather too often, as though he had an axe to grind, hence accusations of trolling. In this respect his posts were inappropriate given the nature of the thread.

MQn will live on elsewhere now I expect.

Dear jesuscheung and sbgk - CA readers have directed me to this thread for a couple reasons, two of which are inappropriate comments and promotion of a product through unscrupulous means.

Based on my review of some of your less than professional comments, for example ->

A. "i admire your insight, julf. please just don't troll here.. no one feed julf pls. otherwise he won't stop. i have learnt my lesson a while back."

B. "obviously MQn has just the right amount of code, how much code is optimal ? it would be funny except for the fact a grown man is holding up the squeezebox touch as being the pinnacle of computer audio reproduction. wonder if he ever steps out of his mum's cupboard."

I have elected to give you one warning. Any further comments like this and the entire thread will be removed as well as your accounts.

In addition, CA readers have suggested that this thread may be full of "fake" comments to promote the software in question. If this is true, a thread documenting the events taking place will be posted here on CA for all potential customers to read in perpetuity. I hope this is not the case.

I hope you are open to points of view contrary to some of the suggestions made above Chris but I must say I find this a really poor call. I have been following this thread in recent weeks and have found it very refreshing to see someone developing a piece of software and offereing it free to use, and it was me who suggested a donation button given I found its performance well beyong several paid for software players which I currently own. In fairness to sbgk he did not pursue the road to monetary gain and instead allowed those of us so enthused by this simple piece of free software to show our gratitude by contributing to a very noble charity. I feel if Julf had an issue with GNU GPL then this should have been taken up with yourself first and then you would make a call, instead he challenged directly on the thread which to be fair was a bit of a red rag to all the enthusiastic followers here and in effect he got a piece of CA software with serious potential ejected from a site which I thought would have been nurturing such endeavours. This saddens me and particularly the references to fake comments to promote the software, I hope you read the thread and get as enthusiastic as many of us have been and please address such suggestions as fake comments with some thoughts on what you feel has taken place here. Sad day for CA. Cheers,

Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Julf and I have had our differences and continue to see many things differently. On this issue I think he is correct. The thread is about a specific piece of software. Asking more about this software is on topic.

Chris,

- Julf & sbgk had discussion about "...GNU GPL..." public on sbgk's blog, not on your site

- Your site CA is the forum for discussion

- Julf is correct or sbgk is correct in this discussion about GNU/GPL, it's not your problem

- sbgk's comments about GNU/GPL with Julf is "professionally comment" or not, it's not your problem (CA is not a member from GNU/GPL)

Why sbgk's nick banned?

Pls explain. Thanks, Chris.

Very disappointing Chris, I have followed a number of threads on the CA forum and used your formula for zuma build.

Many thanks for all the stuff you have helped promote over the years.But you are very wrong in accepting the opinions of unnamed people who are suggesting people are making fake claims about this basic player.

It does question the impartiality of the site and yourself.

Like any other CA product I have been introduced to it is generally from friends or from information gleaned on forums.

I can assure you my positive comments on this player relate to my personal experience of listening to it and comparing it to my

current player. Any of the people I know who have posted on this forum relating to MQn do so only out of enjoyment of the product. There is no agenda.

Sbgk has rightly just left as I would if approached in the manner you have taken against him on foot of allegations made by unnamed people.

Just to be very clear if you have think the contrary please contact me by pm I will happily supply you personal contact details to allow you conduct your investigations.

I don't even know the guys name and where he actually lives and I doubt if any of the other people posting here do either.

I think it is too late to save this thread on CA unless you can somehow persuade Sbgk othewise. Maybe you might try out the player and report your findings? If you are a true independent CA advocate you would be making every effort to get this thread back operating.

Rgds

Tony

I don't post an awful lot on CA, but I've been around a fair while.

I do think it's a shame when people can't all post together without falling out. I'm all for robust discussion and dissection of claims but there's no need to get personal about and certainly never any need to retaliate in kind.

Hopefully the guy who was doing the coding will continue to do so. I for one am dismissive of the claims made for the software, if it ain't blind ABX it ain't worth a damn. But with that in mind I'm about to build a new pc and I will test the software later this week to make sure that it is indeed bit perfect. if it is, and if it does sound different to this sceptics ears then maybe just maybe he has hit upon a way of improving the noise transmitted with the data to the dac. I have a friend with a Wavecrest 2077 and a decent spectrum analyzer so we'll find out if he has.

17\"MB-Pro-Weiss 202-Muse 200- NS 1000M

Dear jesuscheung and sbgk - CA readers have directed me to this thread for a couple reasons, two of which are inappropriate comments and promotion of a product through unscrupulous means.

Based on my review of some of your less than professional comments, for example ->

A. "i admire your insight, julf. please just don't troll here.. no one feed julf pls. otherwise he won't stop. i have learnt my lesson a while back."

B. "obviously MQn has just the right amount of code, how much code is optimal ? it would be funny except for the fact a grown man is holding up the squeezebox touch as being the pinnacle of computer audio reproduction. wonder if he ever steps out of his mum's cupboard."

I have elected to give you one warning. Any further comments like this and the entire thread will be removed as well as your accounts.

In addition, CA readers have suggested that this thread may be full of "fake" comments to promote the software in question. If this is true, a thread documenting the events taking place will be posted here on CA for all potential customers to read in perpetuity. I hope this is not the case.

Hi Chris,

Being a publisher myself at Reed-Elseviers for many years, I think you made a mistake here.

Although it’s obvious that:

- MQn will never buy any advertising at CA because it’s free software.

- MQn does compete with commercial software players

- commercial software players are potential buyers of advertisement at CA

- MQn generates a lot of traffic, which means you can sell your advertisements at a higher price (because of more traffic).

Now, why did you ban SBGK?

- Because there is “promotion of a product” for which SBGK does not buy any advertisement at CA?

- Because SBGK competes with commercial software players and other media server products?

Which put pressure on you, complaining about a SBGK not buying any advertisements?

(threatening you too withdraw their CA advertisements if you don’t ban SBGK)

Altough you successfully run an infomercial website, you can do better than this.

"Content is King"

Mark

Cable Modem/Router < Cat 7 -> Netgear Switch GS108Ev3 -> Cat 7 (25 meters) -> 2nd NIC on Thunderbolt -> Mac Mini (HD-plex -> Uptone DC-Conversion / Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK), OSX on SD-card, Wifi-module physically removed, SSD unplugged from power and SATA, Audirvana, Sonarworks Room EQ).
* Mac Mini -> Cat 7 -> Merging Hapi -> Vovox Mucolink D-sub 25 Direct SD 100 -> Vovox Direct SD XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
* Mac Mini -> Supra USB 2.0 -> Crane Song Solaris -> Vovox Direct S XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
All LAN cable: ISTP Belden Cat.7 1885ENH with Telegartner MFP8 Cat 6a RJ45 plugs.
LAN shield connected at both ends to plug. Modem & switch powered with Linear PSU.
All interconnections: Vovox.

Hi Chris,

Being a publisher myself at Reed-Elseviers for many years, I think you made a mistake here.

Although it’s obvious that:

- MQn will never buy any advertising at CA because it’s free software.

- MQn does compete with commercial software players

- commercial software players are potential buyers of advertisement at CA

- MQn generates a lot of traffic, which means you can sell your advertisements at a higher price (because of more traffic).

Now, why did you ban SBGK?

- Because there is “promotion of a product” for which SBGK does not buy any advertisement at CA?

- Because SBGK competes with commercial software players and other media server products?

Which put pressure on you, complaining about a SBGK not buying any advertisements?

(threatening you too withdraw their CA advertisements if you don’t ban SBGK)

Altough you successfully run an infomercial website, you can do better than this.

"Content is King"

Mark

Mark - You've taken the easy and controversial way by suggesting this is advertising related. I don't know how many times I need to say "I've never pandered to an advertiser. That's a formula for disaster. It leads to no readers and then to no advertisers. Plus, my advertisers don't want me to show favoritism. It undermines both of us." As a publisher yourself you know this very well. I can't let sophomoric behavior continue on CA just because someone isn't an advertiser for fear I will be accused of favoritism. Everyone plays by the same rules.

The comments speak for themselves. The responses to my admonition also speak for themselves -> "lol, good bye" by sbgk and "did you hire me professionally that i have to "professionally comment" by jesuscheung.

A professional response stating an opinion either way was all that was required. Something like, I hear what you're saying but I disagree and here's why..." is all that needed to happen.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris I have worked with a lot of techies over the years and the trade off between all that brain power and intellect is the ability to put foot in mouth on occasion. I recognise it and make allowances when a person who has obviously invested a huge amount of time and effort developing something reacts with slightly either inappropriate or as you call it unprofessional comments. To my mind you cherish what these people bring to the table and do your best to work with them. That is how the world progresses. Nothing might come of MQn or it may go on to be a very successful player. If I was in your shoes I would prefer to see it develop and grow on this site.

Chris I have worked with a lot of techies over the years and the trade off between all that brain power and intellect is the ability to put foot in mouth on occasion. I recognise it and make allowances when a person who has obviously invested a huge amount of time and effort developing something reacts with slightly either inappropriate or as you call it unprofessional comments. To my mind you cherish what these people bring to the table and do your best to work with them. That is how the world progresses. Nothing might come of MQn or it may go on to be a very successful player. If I was in your shoes I would prefer to see it develop and grow on this site.

Hi tonerei - Thanks for the feedback.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

" As a publisher yourself you know this very well "

Hi Chris,

Just like you, I indeed know this very well.

That’s why I was very amazed.

If you would have red the WHOLE thread, than you wouldn’t have ripped 2 comments out of their context, just too use it as a stick too beat SGBK.

If you would have red the WHOLE thread, your conclusion can only be the same as the one from ‘tonerei ‘.

That’s why I could only think of one other reason: you where too busy making money.

But hey, it’s your website, you’re the publisher and founder.

So do as you please.

MQN is just damn good.

I’m sure MQn player will flourish at some other website.

Mark

N.B.

It’s very hard too find a way too delete/end my profile on this website.

Could you provide a link for that?

Cable Modem/Router < Cat 7 -> Netgear Switch GS108Ev3 -> Cat 7 (25 meters) -> 2nd NIC on Thunderbolt -> Mac Mini (HD-plex -> Uptone DC-Conversion / Linear Fan Controller Kit (MMK), OSX on SD-card, Wifi-module physically removed, SSD unplugged from power and SATA, Audirvana, Sonarworks Room EQ).
* Mac Mini -> Cat 7 -> Merging Hapi -> Vovox Mucolink D-sub 25 Direct SD 100 -> Vovox Direct SD XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
* Mac Mini -> Supra USB 2.0 -> Crane Song Solaris -> Vovox Direct S XLR -> PMC TwoTwo.8
All LAN cable: ISTP Belden Cat.7 1885ENH with Telegartner MFP8 Cat 6a RJ45 plugs.
LAN shield connected at both ends to plug. Modem & switch powered with Linear PSU.
All interconnections: Vovox.

What a shame, we had someone who was giving freely time, and effort to the CA community. And along comes a well known troll in the audio world and spoils the thread.

I would really appreciate some evidence. I can't go back and read all 1440 comments and consider the context of each.

I was made aware of sophomoric behavior and took action. Period. I can't act on what I don't know about.

Chris - Your site, your rules. your call. No debate there. But any reasonable reading of this thread illustrates you tapped the wrong suspect.

Count me as another in the pro sbgk chorus. To the extent any friction arose during the course of the thread it was without exception the result of Julf's instigation.

I'm at a loss to explain what motivates him. I hope you reconsider your actions.

Hi Chris, can you say any more about the fake posts? This has me intrigued, has someone been posting in someone's else's name?

It was suggested that there are some Sockpuppets in this thread. I wish I had more info. My action to ban the users was not based on this rather their behavior of pretty much saying FU to me and the CA community who want to act professional and respectful.

I'm surprised at how pissed of people are about this. I gave a warning and a chance for them to clear things up. The response was pretty much FU. One user laughed and left on his own. The other insisted that unprofessional behavior is fine (essentially an FU). 99% of the time when I question someone or their comments in threads like this people are totally cool and we figure things out.

sbgk and jesuscheung sealed their own fates. If anything people should be disappointed with them. They may have made great contributions but that doesn't excuse their behavior. Many users have been banned for the same behavior.

I can only say that I can't believe it what I'm reading today and I can't express my disappointment specially to you Chris.

You just banned the man who did the most in improving the Computer Audiophile and who did not ask anything in return! Not even the voluntary donations!

SHAME!!!

Chris - Your site, your rules. your call. No debate there. But any reasonable reading of this thread illustrates you tapped the wrong suspect.

Count me as another in the pro sbgk chorus. To the extent any friction arose during the course of the thread it was without exception the result of Julf's instigation.

I'm at a loss to explain what motivates him. I hope you reconsider your actions.

Can someone please point me to inappropriate posts by julf in this thread?

A professional response stating an opinion either way was all that was required. Something like, I hear what you're saying but I disagree and here's why..." is all that needed to happen.

I have to say Chris this rule did not apply recently when the JPlay Hoax discussions were taking place here on CA where a lot of very ill mannered and unprofessional posts were allowed over numerous pages without any attempt at moderation. I am all for open, robust and even ill mannered posts from time to time but I am not seeing consistency here and I am also beginning to worry if there is a commercial motive at play. If I can ask one small favour and I do not even ask for feedback but please take a moment to listen to MQN at some point, I really believe it is currently the best playback software bar none available on this planet and I have tried a few. May be my last post here pending the outcome of the fake posts claim so Cheers and I hope CA steers a clean path. Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

I can only say that I can't believe it what I'm reading today and I can't express my disappointment specially to you Chris.

You just banned the man who did the most in improving the Computer Audiophile and who did not ask anything in return! Not even the voluntary donations!

SHAME!!!

It doesn't matter if someone is Mother Teresa. If he is disrespectful and unprofessional he can't be part of the CA community.

Question -> Are you really supportive of the name calling and childish comments?

I have to say Chris this rule did not apply recently when the JPlay Hoax discussions were taking place here on CA where a lot of very ill mannered and unprofessional posts were allowed over numerous pages without any attempt at moderation. I am all for open, robust and even ill mannered posts from time to time but I am not seeing consistency here and I am also beginning to worry if there is a commercial motive at play. If I can ask one small favour and I do not even ask for feedback but please take a moment to listen to MQN at some point, I really believe it is currently the best playback software bar none available on this planet and I have tried a few. May be my last post here pending the outcome of the fake posts claim so Cheers and I hope CA steers a clean path. Pearse.

Can you please direct me to some of the inappropriate posts in that JPlay discussion?

I can't read every comment in every thread. I rely on readers to bring things to my attention when I can't catch up on absolutely everything.

I'm the first one to admit a group of moderators is needed here at CA to help.

It doesn't matter if someone is Mother Teresa. If he is disrespectful and unprofessional he can't be part of the CA community.

Question -> Are you really supportive of the name calling and childish comments?

Actually it should matter if someone is Mother Teresa, or maybe would Julf find something inappropriate even about her.

The point is that Sbgk ONLY helped Computer Audiophile.