IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

requires 24 bit mqncontrol and mqnplay so messy.

Try posting on pfm forum that is messy!

Really hoping we could get to try hires on JKCiúnas dacs but my limited understanding is we need 24bit control and play to make that happen.Otherwise we have to drool at Pearse's dac.

Try posting on pfm forum that is messy!

Really hoping we could get to try hires on JKCiúnas dacs but my limited understanding is we need 24bit control and play to make that happen.Otherwise we have to drool at Pearse's dac.

you could always get a rpac tony there cheap and there a headphone amp too

youll just have to pretend its really good

really it's good value for money but it's difficult to go backward

doesnt look for much hope f a firmware update for the cuinas to support 24 in 32

you could always get a rpac tony there cheap and there a headphone amp too

youll just have to pretend its really good

really it's good value for money but it's difficult to go backward

doesnt look for much hope f a firmware update for the cuinas to support 24 in 32

or you could wait a few more days

have uploaded MQnPlay 2.60 sse4 intel, removed some things that were blocking emotion from the sound. Hopefully JC will give this 100% for emotion. Don't know if my hearing just cleared, but the other versions just sounded not good, so back to the emotion filled version, would be quite happy to stop at this one if it holds up over the next few days.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

have uploaded MQnPlay 2.60 sse4 intel, removed some things that were blocking emotion from the sound. Hopefully JC will give this 100% for emotion. Don't know if my hearing just cleared, but the other versions just sounded not good, so back to the emotion filled version, would be quite happy to stop at this one if it holds up over the next few days.

2.60 is a monster!

yes. new versions divide in two styles:

---focus on realism---

2.58 sse4 intel tot align.58 tot align

2.59 sse4 intel 8 8

etc...

in my opinion, lacks musicality, i can't listen to them all day. but they are full + deep + real.

---focus more on music---

2.57 sse4 intel //very good focus on emotion

2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 8 //still the best in vocal detail

2.60 sse4 //good. not the best

etc...

they are not as full and deep and real

---in between realism and musicality---

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi

---other weird and interesting versions---

2.41 movq //has something important newer versions don't have

yes. new versions divide in two styles:

---other weird and interesting versions---

2.41 movq //has something important newer versions don't have

last version have very good vibration, but i feel something is not enough, difficult to detect. i call it sound "height" (3D-height). 1.2, 2.82 (and nopgomemcpy) have good height, sound like upward, and bass more air. there's created last bass layers (late timing with gradually smaller... volume), very pretty. feel as instruments in reasonable distance at us, bass not near at us.

I guess we are trying to synchronise the timing with the buffer loads, there are 2 x 16/8 x 44100 Bytes transferred per second for 16/44.1 = 176400 which is 176400/8192 = 21.54 buffers a second = 1/21.54 = timing setting of 46440 or in samples it is 2048/44100 = 46440, so my previous setting was wrong, oops

ok... are you saying, for 16bit music files, buffer=2048?

in which case, for 24bit music files, buffer=2048*2=4096?

last version have very good vibration, but i feel something is not enough, difficult to detect. i call it sound "height" (3D-height). 1.2, 2.82 (and nopgomemcpy) have good height, sound like upward, and bass more air. there's created last bass layers (late timing with gradually smaller... volume), very pretty. feel as instruments in reasonable distance at us, bass not near at us.

you must be right. the secret ingredient must be "height". coz i can't seem to give up 1.2, 2.41, 2.82 and nopgomemcpy.

is this the dac that plays 24/96 ok with the 24 bit version ? shall definitely do the 24 bit version this week.

i have some thinks. for reducing the quantity of variables in code, each from 16/44.1, 24/96000, 24/192000 need its own mqnplay.exe version (there's 3 mqnplay cores), so that loop will work with constant (not variable). maybe better for SQ.

i have some thinks. for reducing the quantity of variables in code, each from 16/44.1, 24/96000, 24/192000 need its own mqnplay.exe version (there's 3 mqnplay cores), so that loop will work with constant (not variable). maybe better for SQ.

and for the other formats ? MQn has a loop for 16 bit and a loop for 24.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

have uploaded 2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 which has a more open soundstage, original 2.60 used 8 8 which compresses the sound, but gives richer vocals

have uploaded 2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 which has a more open soundstage, original 2.60 used 8 8 which compresses the sound, but gives richer vocals

2.60 sse4 intel 8 4

-you are totally right. 8 8 does compress the sound, that's why the micro-details are missing in 8 8! this 8 4 opens up/decompresses vocal's micro-details a lot!

-i would say 8 4 needs to decompress a little more to equal the micro-details of 2.56 8 8 16 16 8 eax add.

-this also explains why 2.58 tot align sounds weird to me. coz the vocal was compressed!!! possible to open up/decompress the tot align version as well?

very good! sound is rising up, free. all things better vibrate, bass and other sounds is so pretty, good emotion. Congratulation! SBGK.

2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 better than all others!!!

very good! sound is rising up, free. all things better vibrate, bass and other sounds is so pretty, good emotion. Congratulation! SBGK.

2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 better than all others!!!

lekt, dont you think tot align or 2.59 8 8 are fuller than 2.60 8 4? as in, if sound moves in a defined width and height into depth(time), i feel that tot align has more width and height. maybe it is something else. not sure.

lekt, dont you think tot align or 2.59 8 8 are fuller than 2.60 8 4? as in, if sound moves in a defined width and height into depth(time), i feel that tot align has more width and height. maybe it is something else. not sure.

maybe. they are good versions, but with defect on height. i agree with you that need to fix already good versions.

when open more soundstage, sound like as nearer at us (a bit earache) and we are in wrong distance of instruments and vocal. so need to push farther a bit at listener. 2.60 8 4 in this case, sbgk.