IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

mqnplay.exe 2.58 sse4 intel tot align is correct in everything and have best SQ. bass vibration better than 2.49 no buff and 2.51 rax no zi, then mid/treble have very good vibration, drum sound have power. bass/mid/treble volume is correct, soundstage is correct, sound depth is enough, brightness enough (more bright than other players, OK)...

i think this version better than all others.

damn! didn't see these two versions.

agree. but 2.58 sse4 intel tot align's timing sounds weird. need to fix that. also need more air to breath. finishing also lacks something.

damn! didn't see these two versions.

agree. but 2.58 sse4 intel tot align's timing sounds weird. need to fix that. also need more air to breath.

I have never seen any software player can play classical piano, this is the first player can do for me. try with Steinway & Sons recordings.

I have never seen any software player can play classical piano, this is the first player can do for me. try with Steinway & Sons recordings.

love steinway & son. tot align is great, the finishing is not good. muddling things. everything else is great.

feels like a stable release of MQn is on its way very soon.

love steinway & son. tot align is great, the finishing is not good. muddling things. everything else is great.

feels like a stable release of MQn is on its way very soon.

try mqn.exev2.2 for more brightness, more airly (this old version have everything, but SQ a bit lesser than last versions). but i think 2.58 sse4 intel tot align is most correct, need only enough.

Haswell overheating isnt likely, ive two haswell desktop builds cpu's heatsinks are cold to the touch<30 degrees really quite unbelievable

what CPU you got? am interested in 4770k. heard it sucks at overclocking on air. 2600k was air overclocking god... intel doesn't make CPU like that anymore.

what CPU you got? am interested in 4770k. heard it sucks at overclocking on air. 2600k was air overclocking god... intel doesn't make CPU like that anymore.

ive got a

as far as general or gaming i wouldnt consider a 3770k or a 4770k much of an upgrade over a 2600k

my 2105 and 2600k are have no motherboard as i have broken them experimenting

the 3770k is my normal desktop which i try not to tinker with too much

the haswells are my audio pcs and they seem to have a nicer sound than my previous builds

i havent overclocked in years, i find cpus well cabable for what i use them for. uefi bios, ssd, plenty of Ram has done more for me than any overclocking has in the past

from what i read watercooling is the only way to get a decent overclock safely

ive gone the other way and gone passive cooling. now my monitor is the loudest thing in the room

Thanks JC. Yet even more detail being scooped out of 16bit WAV.

+1 Extreme SQ - best yet. Thank you SBGK!

MQnPlay.exe 2.59 sse4 intel - alignment optimisation, add, dec

I wanted 2.58 sse4 intel to have a fuller less lean sound and think this has that, also sounds better overall. Had discarded the tot align version as didn't think it was that good, although very pleasant to listen to, this seems to have the best of both worlds.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

MQnPlay.exe 2.59 sse4 intel - alignment optimisation, add, dec

I wanted 2.58 sse4 intel to have a fuller less lean sound and think this has that, also sounds better overall. Had discarded the tot align version as didn't think it was that good, although very pleasant to listen to, this seems to have the best of both worlds.

2.58 sse4 intel tot align does have best real sound. e.g. piano never sound more like an actual piano. just not enjoying the version.

2.56 8 8 16 16 8 eax add still has the best micro-detail in vocal. just earache and hard (only very little bit). this is my top two farvorites.

2.59 sse4 intel

-don't think it is a good compromise... coz not getting the emotional response.

-it doesn't make me forget the above 2 versions and my farvorite rax no zi.

-is this the fullest of all versions?

OK, I have done a fair bit of listening to various versions.

My favourite is 2.53 sse4 intel eac because it has the most detailed and dynamic bass. This version hits the lowest bass notes and provides the greatest bass tonality, and has the greatest bass dynamics. Bass is not muddy, it is very clear. I also find that vocals are very nicely forward, but without hardness / harshness. Treble is perfectly clear and does not break up during complex passages. This version is extremely musical. - In my opinion the best version so far. I would also go so far to say that I cant really find any fault with this version.

I tried 2.58 sse4 intel, and I found it to be lacking in musicality and bass was less clear than 2.53 sse4 intel eac.

I tried 2.59 sse4 intel, and found it to be a slight improvement upon 2.58 sse4 intel with regard to bass, but still lacking the clarity and fullness of 2.53 sse4 intel eac. I found both 2.58 and 2.59 to be emotionally un-involving, and verging upon sterile sounding. (sorry)

My second favourite version is 2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb. This version is very musical but lacks the refinement and overall clarity of of 2.53 sse4 intel eac.

I hope my comments are of assistance, and are not intended in any way as criticism, because for me MQn is the best music player!

Thanks sbgk!!

I probably missed it somewhere reading this thread, but I'm wondering, why MQn?

What stays behind the name, it's got to be something:)

If people like the sound of a player they will often say it sounds just like my old LP12, which was a standard for SQ in it's day, so MQn is a 1 letter shift of LP plus n for many formats instead of 12 or does MQ stand for Musical Quotient, Musical Quality, Max Quality ?

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

My favourite is 2.53 sse4 intel eac because it has the most detailed and dynamic bass. This version hits the lowest bass notes and provides the greatest bass tonality, and has the greatest bass dynamics. Bass is not muddy, it is very clear. I also find that vocals are very nicely forward, but without hardness / harshness. Treble is perfectly clear and does not break up during complex passages. This version is extremely musical. - In my opinion the best version so far. I would also go so far to say that I cant really find any fault with this version.

I tried 2.58 sse4 intel, and I found it to be lacking in musicality and bass was less clear than 2.53 sse4 intel eac.

I tried 2.59 sse4 intel, and found it to be a slight improvement upon 2.58 sse4 intel with regard to bass, but still lacking the clarity and fullness of 2.53 sse4 intel eac. I found both 2.58 and 2.59 to be emotionally un-involving, and verging upon sterile sounding. (sorry)

My second favourite version is 2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb. This version is very musical but lacks the refinement and overall clarity of of 2.53 sse4 intel eac.

I hope my comments are of assistance, and are not intended in any way as criticism, because for me MQn is the best music player!

Thanks sbgk!!

thanks, shall have a listen to 2.53 again.

If people like the sound of a player they will often say it sounds just like my old LP12, which was a standard for SQ in it's day, so MQn is a 1 letter shift of LP plus n for many formats instead of 12 or does MQ stand for Musical Quotient, Musical Quality, Max Quality ?

Kool...actually very cool!

Thanks sbgk!!

Probably a dumb question and observation from a relative newbie round here but have you used the latest MQNCONTROL Erin? I was using an older version up until last night and just adding the latest MQNPLAYER files as and when they arrived and then last night added the latest 4 core file and I believe this helped but I could be deluding myself......this make any sense? Cheers, Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

nQM- new quality music

I find 2.53 sse4 intel eac to be quite a rough harsh sound, 2.59 sse4 intel is a far more sophisticated presentation, think the bass is the same, just the perception is different in 2.53. what system are you running it on ?

I have attached a screen shot of my computer.My computer.PNG

I dont think I have updated to the latest MQNcontrol.

So this throws a spanner in the works.... Old MQNcontrol and 2.53 sse 4 sounds great to me...

No harshness or grain whatsoever! In fact its very very smooth.

I think I am using mqncontrol.exe 2 core affinity

I must admit to being a little confused with which version of mqncontrol i should be using.

I have attached a screen shot of my computer.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8202[/ATTACH]

I dont think I have updated to the latest MQNcontrol.

So this throws a spanner in the works.... Old MQNcontrol and 2.53 sse 4 sounds great to me...

No harshness or grain whatsoever! In fact its very very smooth.

I think I am using mqncontrol.exe 2 core affinity

2.53 eax does have good emotion/musicality. do you have a 650 or 701 etc headphone that smooths out the hardness?