IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

re-download mqn.bat & mqncotrol.exe from Main folder, newer versions for unicode filename.

Thx lekt, my test was already using the latest ver with unicode functionality. Perhaps my OS needs further settings to cope with.

Observed that the last image of Files.txt that mgncontrol calls must be in ANSI format. If I intensionally change it to unicode or utf8 or unicode big endian, it won't play.

MQn error.PNG

First download latest SOX from here SOX and install it to C:\Sox\

Then save the text below as MQNFlac.bat to your MQn folder and make shortcut on the desktop (works perfect). The same for mp3. Can't manage it to work with M4a/AAC.

I am also having problems getting MQNflac to work. I have downloaded SOX and installed it to c:\Sox

I have saved the text as MQnFlac.bat and put it into the musicplayer folder and even as suggested put the shortcut on the desktop.

Please see the attached screen shot of the error I am getting. I have also uploaded a picture of the sox file path.

Further information: I can play .wav files just fine using the MQn.bat file.

After selecting the .flac file to play, and copying, then running MQnFlac.bat unsuccessfully. I have opened the File.txt and found that it does not contain a file path, however param.txt does have the file path of the file I just copied.

Can anyone please assist me to get MQnflac to play?

Many thanks in advance.

sox path.PNG

MQN error 2.PNGI found out that sox.exe must be in C:\sox ( a shortcut to sox.exe is not acceptable)

But now I am getting another error. Please see the attached screen shot

My questions are:

Why is the batch file looking for C:musicplayer\*.wav - and why isnt it in the musicplayer folder?

Why cant it find C:musicplayer\Files.txt - It is in the folder but cant find it??

Who told it to look for File1.txt?

thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8176[/ATTACH]I found out that sox.exe must be in C:\sox ( a shortcut to sox.exe is not acceptable)

My questions are:

Why is the batch file looking for C:musicplayer\*.wav - and why isnt it in the musicplayer folder?

Why cant it find C:musicplayer\Files.txt - It is in the folder but cant find it??

thank you!

Try old version of mqncontrol.exe (without unicode support)

Thx lekt, my test was already using the latest ver with unicode functionality. Perhaps my OS needs further settings to cope with.

Observed that the last image of Files.txt that mgncontrol calls must be in ANSI format. If I intensionally change it to unicode or utf8 or unicode big endian, it won't play.

strange. on my laptop win8 pro x64 mqnplay.exe works with unicode path/file name (all 16/44100 24/96000 24/192000 are OK), Files.txt and param.txt show utf8 code page. i don't know why. try with last versions mqnplay.exe

wasn't being critical, not sure if fatty, plump are the correct words either more how you would describe a duck. Can your headphones cope with max volume, usually their performance would degrade ?

my headphones give normal sound with max-volume that easier detect many technical defects of sound. i usually make comparision with JPlay5.1, JEP2.4.1Pro, Foobar2000v0.8.3/v1.0.3,... for volume, bass, brightness, soundstage, vocal focus. they are good players, correct in many technical criteria. sorry, sbgk. my english usually is bad then maybe i was wrong, not right.

I believe we're at the point where individual systems suit particular versions on MQn, it's hard to come up with what is the one "best" version. My room for instance is very live and even with a number of acoustic panels to tame it, it still exposes harsh treble quite ruthlessly. Likewise I wonder how headphone listening at max volume translates into listening via say my open baffles.

2.53 sse4 intel nt nt has improved the treble which with 2.53 intel rax cp seemed a little "white" sounding to me. 2.53 nt nt dec eax cp is better still. Central vocal focus is very good. I can't decide if the bass is reduced or better, my hunch is better.

You wrote: ok, shall get on and do the 24 bit version. Maybe I missunderstood this ... !?

Certainly, I can use the actual versions for 16/44.1 and the 24bit version for 24/96.

so there is no problem, just the other formats haven't been coded for yet

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

my headphones give normal sound with max-volume that easier detect many technical defects of sound. i usually make comparision with JPlay5.1, JEP2.4.1Pro, Foobar2000v0.8.3/v1.0.3,... for volume, bass, brightness, soundstage, vocal focus. they are good players, correct in many technical criteria. sorry, sbgk. my english usually is bad then maybe i was wrong, not right.

No need to apologise, I enjoy reading your posts

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8176[/ATTACH]I found out that sox.exe must be in C:\sox ( a shortcut to sox.exe is not acceptable)

My questions are:

thank you!

need to install sox properly on your sox directory, it's missing a file to decode flac, the other errors are as a result of that

I believe we're at the point where individual systems suit particular versions on MQn, it's hard to come up with what is the one "best" version. My room for instance is very live and even with a number of acoustic panels to tame it, it still exposes harsh treble quite ruthlessly. Likewise I wonder how headphone listening at max volume translates into listening via say my open baffles.

2.53 sse4 intel nt nt has improved the treble which with 2.53 intel rax cp seemed a little "white" sounding to me. 2.53 nt nt dec eax cp is better still. Central vocal focus is very good. I can't decide if the bass is reduced or better, my hunch is better.

We have always been at that point, doesn't mean MQn can't be improved further. Your findings are close to mine, but think the bass is reduced a bit.

so there is no problem, just the other formats haven't been coded for yet

Sbkg,

sorry, but at the moment I haven't understood what your plans are, concerning a version that can be used with DACs/DDCs that cannot handle 32bit containers. To me your statements are contradictory. Maybe my english is not good enough, but it would be kind, if you could explain it to me. Do you plan to develop such a version or do you think that the already existing versions are sufficient?

Sbkg,

sorry, but at the moment I haven't understood what your plans are, concerning a version that can be used with DACs/DDCs that cannot handle 32bit containers. To me your statements are contradictory. Maybe my english is not good enough, but it would be kind, if you could explain it to me. Do you plan to develop such a version or do you think that the already existing versions are sufficient?

thought I said I would work to get something out for the weekend, you appreciate there is no benefit to me in doing this version, so if I get distracted it tends to be delayed.

did you change the directory in the bat file ?

Yes I did. I think that there is a problem with chcp 65001 somehow. If I "rem" that command it would work.

Is there anything special in regedit to be changed to make this to work, or so?

I tried it only on W7.

thought I said I would work to get something out for the weekend, you appreciate there is no benefit to me in doing this version, so if I get distracted it tends to be delayed.

With posting the output of wasapi_test.exe of WaveIO driver I wanted to help! Only for the case it would come to development. I'm already very happy using 16/44.1 files with the actual versions. I never wanted to rush or distract you!

With posting the output of wasapi_test.exe of WaveIO driver I wanted to help! Only for the case it would come to development. I'm already very happy using 16/44.1 files with the actual versions. I never wanted to rush or distract you!

that's ok, the other reason is I wanted to get the SQ as good as possible and then there will be less maintenance of the other versions required.

Yes I did. I think that there is a problem with chcp 65001 somehow. If I "rem" that command it would work.

Is there anything special in regedit to be changed to make this to work, or so?

I tried it only on W7.

does Canada have a different code page ?

First download latest SOX from here SOX and install it to C:\Sox\

Then save the text below as MQNFlac.bat to your MQn folder and make shortcut on the desktop (works perfect). The same for mp3. Can't manage it to work with M4a/AAC.

I followed these instructions carefully, downloading 14.4.1 and installing it properly with the supplied Sox installer; copied a flac file to clipboard but MQnflac.bat fails with error message:

C:\sox\sox.exe FAIL formats: no handler for detected file type 'flac'.

Any ideas?

I got the same problems with Sox as described by Erin above (post 1154). Also trouble with non-standard characters in the filenames.

So I finally decided to write yet another script (Autohotkey) that allows you to select flac and wav files and then use a hotkey to start the whole conversion procedure (with Flac.exe, NOT Sox.exe) and finally start the MQnplayer.

It does not work perfectly yet : starting the (modified) MQn.bat from within the AHK script may lead to premature stops in playing. I do not know why that happens. For the moment I use the AHK script to do the conversions and prepare the correct "Files.txt" only. Then I start the player with my modified MQn.bat or I use another short AHK script for that with a second hotkey.

The main conversion AHK script can be found in my dropbox here

The modified MQn.bat can be found in my dropbox here

The short AHK script to start MQn.bat can be found in my dropbox here

I can use MQn for my Dual core Atom Shuttle audioPC. What I have heard so far under (untweaked) W8pro is excellent. As good or better than Jplay? I will have to test it later under server-2012 in non-GUI mode, but that requires a re-installation.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.