IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

When I used ethernet with the squeezebox I used tcp/optimiser program to analyse and optimise the connection, also disabled nagles algorithm, not very good for streaming music.

sounds strange. streaming in LAN is more to with MTU. what did tcp/optimiser set your MTU? if you have gigabit lan, you can set it to 9000+. bigger the better.

im sure your empty pocket will tell your brain that its better

im sure all these things matter but at what cost?

you could have 2 optimised mqn pcs for that price

i know, it makes no sense to me. any kind of streaming degrades SQ. they could come up with a $10,000 cable, it still doesn't get better than no cable at all.

This is my first-ever post on CA. I've been greatly enjoying MQN in the past week or so and the sound quality is stunning and it has edged into the number one position among players. I have already heard a 24/96 trial version in a friend's place last week and the sound was superb. I'm keenly awaiting the release of a version which can handle 24/88 and 24/96 and at that point there'll be a lot of decommissioning of streaming/network gear. I know it's best to get the 16/44.1 into best shape first but do you have any visibility on a hi-res edition.

Anyone who uses Lucian's WaveIO-Board with Thesycon drivers and could play files other than 16/44.1?

I have WaveIO with v 1.67 Thesyscon driver and I cannot play other than 16/44.1.

I would love to play 24/96 WAV files.

There have been posts about 32 bit containers, but I don't know if that is why we cannot?

SBGK - any advice you could offer Taggart and me? I think quite a few MQn users could be using the excellent WaveIO converter.

Thanks

Jonathan

I have WaveIO with v 1.67 Thesyscon driver and I cannot play other than 16/44.1.

I would love to play 24/96 WAV files.

There have been posts about 32 bit containers, but I don't know if that is why we cannot?

SBGK - any advice you could offer Taggart and me? I think quite a few MQn users could be using the excellent WaveIO converter.

Thanks

Jonathan

Yes, I am suffering this issue also. In XXHIghend I setup as a 32 bit dac and it works fine, but not with MQn. For me it's the one remaining issue. Everything else is resolved.

Mark

Anyone who uses Lucian's WaveIO-Board with Thesycon drivers and could play files other than 16/44.1?

thanks taggart

that prompted me into doing a bit of digging

ive a arcam rpac which just had a thesycon firmware and driver update, support to 24 bit 192

playing everything i throw at it so far with mqn

but i dont want to use this dac as my other one is better

Jonathan,

Yes, I'm afraid that this is the reason why we cannot! I've double checked that now.

The WaveIO driver can handle 16/44.1 natively. Everything fine here. But it needs 24/xx files as 24/xx files and not presented in 32bit containers.

I've had that issue a few months ago with my Audioquest Dragonfly, which wasn't even capable of playing 16/44.1. So that DAC was completely useless in combination with MQn and a 24bit version of MQn I've asked SBKG for, was - as far as I know - not an easy task.

Now with the WaveIO we can get at least sound from it. Although HiRes would be very nice!

thanks taggart

that prompted me into doing a bit of digging

ive a arcam rpac which just had a thesycon firmware and driver update, support to 24 bit 192

playing everything i throw at it so far with mqn

but i dont want to use this dac as my other one is better

mind telling me the file name of mqncontrol you use to play 24/192?

Yes, I am suffering this issue also. In XXHIghend I setup as a 32 bit dac and it works fine, but not with MQn. For me it's the one remaining issue. Everything else is resolved.

Mark

there was an instruction on how to use wasapi_test a couple of pages back, what results do you get ?

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

have the wavio users tried the 24 bit MQn version ?

Oh, didn't know that there is one. Now I've looked on RapidShare/Google Drive and have found "mqncontrol.exe 2496 24 bit v5" and "mqncontrol.exe 2496 1644 24 bit v6". Though I would assume that I need a 24bit mqnplay.exe instead of mqncontrol.exe ...

Or are the above mentioned the ones that I need?

Oh, didn't know that there is one. Now I've looked on RapidShare/Google Drive and have found "mqncontrol.exe 2496 24 bit v5" and "mqncontrol.exe 2496 1644 24 bit v6". Though I would assume that I need a 24bit mqnplay.exe instead of mqncontrol.exe ...

Or are the above mentioned the ones that I need?

it's self contained, doesn't use mqnplay, just replace mqncontrol.exe

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

does your haskell laptop have 8.1?

shall upgrade it and have an ssd which I'll put ws2012 r2 on and then easy to swap from dev to player

just been trying the pro audio mmcss timer switch, think it should be 2048/44100 and that works out as 46440 (previously had it at 23220). 46440 totally transforms the sound of 2.53 eac c name, no problem with bass, makes the 2.53 rax cp sound a bit horrible.