IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

Uploaded 2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi, zi debug info setting was adding a touch of sibilance

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi is a wow! could this be the first stable release?! everything is close to perfection. brightness, bass, emotion, stage, volume... i can only say it needs more emotion to be even more musical than it already is.

definitely need more emotion. this version is totally teasing me! it can give more emotion but it is just not giving it haha!

wow... i never had more volume in my headphone. this version is super.

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi is a wow! could this be the first stable release?! everything is close to perfection. brightness, bass, emotion, stage, volume... i can only say it needs more emotion to be even more musical than it already is.

definitely need more emotion. this version is totally teasing me! it can give more emotion but it is just not giving it haha!

it is for you, v1.2 brother bass. volume> ? can speakers/ampliffer accept its bass volume? i'm with headphones, not at home.

yes definitely a brother of v1.2. didn't realize it has so much bass. the stage has minimum 3D, which i like, which is very different to 2.49 buf.

made judgement too early. 2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi is better for non-3D music. 2.51 sse4 intel is better for 3D music. will MQn ever know which style i need for which music?

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb sounding gobsmacking excellent!

yup, was going to say to JC - no shortage of emotion in this version. Turn up the volume a little and it's all there, which is the way it's supposed to be.

JC, you'll have to optimise your system around this version. lol.

shall do the other versions based on this one ie 1.x and 3.x

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

yup, was going to say to JC - no shortage of emotion in this version. Turn up the volume a little and it's all there, which is the way it's supposed to be.

JC, you'll have to optimise your system around this version. lol.

shall do the other versions based on this one ie 1.x and 3.x

this version as great as it is, think we still need the other 2.51. for example, i am listening to eminem's stan, the other 2.51 version sounds better coz more 3D.

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb:

Brightness as 2.49 sse2 intel, a bit over norm.

Drum/bass volume/weight in norm, bass vibration and depth < other 2.51.

I think it difficult play multi-nuance as Pink Floyd, classic,.. background accompanied instruments have big volume => sound is more flat. It is good for simple music, as dancing music.

Feel as energy, emotion. But there’s brightness and volume of many instruments fooled me.

(sse4 intel rax no zi) vs (no buff) vs (v1.2) :

- Soundstage: 1.2 >~ rax no zi > no buff. 1.2 have very good reaction to stereo effect (rax no zi have ~, maybe due more weight) => 1.2 stereo sound (guitar, drumbeat/knock, bass,…) very very good, even its bass can rolling by stereo effect. This is a big difference compared to the other players.

- brightness: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

- noise: (rax no zi) > (v1.2) > (no buff). rax no zi have noise issue, a bit.

- bass micro vibration: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2) . rax no zi have perfect mellow/multi-layer/deep bass. Very very good. Its Bass better than all others

- drum and dumb sound: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

- vocal: (rax no zi) ~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

rax no zi is better.

2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb:

Brightness as 2.49 sse2 intel, a bit over norm.

Drum/bass volume/weight in norm, bass vibration and depth < other 2.51.

I think it difficult play multi-nuance as Pink Floyd, classic,.. background accompanied instruments have big volume => sound is more flat. It is good for simple music, as dancing music.

Feel as energy, emotion. But there’s brightness and volume of many instruments fooled me.

(sse4 intel rax no zi) vs (no buff) vs (v1.2) :

- Soundstage: 1.2 >~ rax no zi > no buff. 1.2 have very good reaction to stereo effect (rax no zi have ~, maybe due more weight) => 1.2 stereo sound (guitar, drumbeat/knock, bass,…) very very good, even its bass can rolling by stereo effect. This is a big difference compared to the other players.

- brightness: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

- noise: (rax no zi) > (v1.2) > (no buff). rax no zi have noise issue, a bit.

- bass micro vibration: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2) . rax no zi have perfect mellow/multi-layer/deep bass. Very very good. Its Bass better than all others

- drum and dumb sound: (rax no zi) >~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

- vocal: (rax no zi) ~ (no buff) > (v1.2)

rax no zi is better.

agree. rax no zi needs a fix on noise. probably why it feels tired/muddy a while.

agree. rax no zi needs a fix on noise. probably why it feels tired/muddy a while.

rax no zi is a bit flat and sound is lifted by the /cp /cx settings, so not really a version I can live with. rax no cp cx zi tlb I am happier with, would be looking for more depth and definition, but it's not too bad. The detail and timing are better than previous versions, I think due to it being 1 loop and priming the table lookup buffer. Each day I learn a little bit more.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

Just one little request - Unicode files/tags. Can't play anything by artists with accents in their names or track titles... Is that too much to ask (without impacting SQ, naturally).

I have spent some time tryin to fix this, shall have another go

Pleased to help.

It has been quite a trip here too, just staying at home and trying to keep up with sbgk's prodigious output - I hear some massive improvements to mqn's SQ over this last week

It's been frenetic with MQn for a while but it does seem to have hotted up very recently, not unlike the Americas Cup which I managed to see some of. I must admit I didn't think MQn coukd get much better but it seems that's an unwise position to take!

Kingston Technology KHX16C9X3K2/16X HyperX 10th Anniversary Series 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 DIMM Memory Module

Using 800mhz at minute but may return to 1066

what you using ?

JC

tried 11-11-11-13 seemed like more detail but brought some harshness with it

actually preferred 11-11-11-35/11-11-11-24

any other thoughts?

btw

listened to 2.51 sse4 intel rax no zi cp cx tlb briefly and its sounds great

Uploaded the legendary version 2.52 sse4 intel and sse2 intel, that's it as far as I can see, the code makes sense and it looks simple, which is always a good sign.

Had to move my speakers .5 cm away from the wall as the bass on the sse4 version was so powerful, the sse2 version is a close second, I guess some people may prefer it.

Any further improvement will require me to learn some new assembly skills, so hard to put a timescale on that. Shall try and tidy up the outstanding functionality issues.

It's been frenetic with MQn for a while but it does seem to have hotted up very recently, not unlike the Americas Cup which I managed to see some of. I must admit I didn't think MQn coukd get much better but it seems that's an unwise position to take!

The boats looked amazing on tv, never watched the America's cup before, but it was very exciting, unfortunately missed the end, NZ were very unlucky not to have won.

this version as great as it is, think we still need the other 2.51. for example, i am listening to eminem's stan, the other 2.51 version sounds better coz more 3D.

I found Stan to project from the speakers unnaturally, so are you saying for 3d music you prefer a player that brings that projection back under control rather than reproducing the bad production of the music ?

Tested 2.49 sse2 atom. Big step forward compared to 2.48.

For the first time, I felt like listening to my old Linn LP12 - Naim system.

Just listening to Free's Fire and Water album, Paul Kossoff's guitar never sounded so sweet, stunning bass and vocals. A private rock concert in my room.

And all that with flac and Foobar interface.

I have already bought the parts for my next PC audio player (S1200kpr mobo and Xeon e3-1265L V2) but now I wonder if this will actually be an improvement...

How would you describe the sound of the LP12 ? I've never heard one . I find Naim to be overly analytical in presentation and have heard the LP12 could sound cold and hard, almost digital.

Uploaded the legendary version 2.52 sse4 intel and sse2 intel, that's it as far as I can see, the code makes sense and it looks simple, which is always a good sign.

Had to move my speakers .5 cm away from the wall as the bass on the sse4 version was so powerful, the sse2 version is a close second, I guess some people may prefer it.

Any further improvement will require me to learn some new assembly skills, so hard to put a timescale on that. Shall try and tidy up the outstanding functionality issues.

just spotted an error in the code of 2.52, not sure if it affects the SQ, shall check later.