IGNORED

How much for an original Rega Elicit?

How much would you say one could sell an original, "clamshell", first generation Rega Elicit for these days? What do they usually go for?

I see there's one up for sale for almost 1800 USD, which seems, at least to me, like a total fantasy price -- I just can't imagine that they're still that much worth after all these years, even for hardcore Rega collectors.

What say you, ladies and gentlemen? What would be a decent, realistic price?

What say you, ladies and gentlemen? What would be a decent, realistic price?

Realistic: approximately 50% of the original retail price for very sought-after products. From what I could find out from ebay listings, the Rega Elicit sells starting with 250 GBP in Europe. The middle field is around 650 to 850 EUR and one was sold for 1055 GBP. Listings with higher starting prices usually end without a sale.

Since the model is still in production, I suspect the top end prices were paid for the Mk II version. You might check for yourself here, but the site is in German ;-)

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

Realistic: approximately 50% of the original retail price for very sought-after products. From what I could find out from ebay listings, the Rega Elicit sells starting with 250 GBP in Europe. The middle field is around 650 to 850 EUR and one was sold for 1055 GBP. Listings with higher starting prices usually end without a sale.

Since the model is still in production, I suspect the top end prices were paid for the Mk II version. You might check for yourself here, but the site is in German ;-)

Wonderful, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

My German is, well, slightly above non-existent, so I think I'll figure the site out. Danke schön!

As mentioned on the other forum, I'm thinking of picking an old Rega Elicit for around 700 USD, and would like to know not only if that's a decent price, but also if I could resell it in a year or two and recoup my investment, or even make a profit.

Thanks again!