IGNORED

Izotope SRC

Thank you for reply,

So you say even if i choose in Audirvana settings: NONE upsampling,

the DAC will do it anyway to 352 or 384, so i better choose myself the way the filters will sound at the end in izotope settings ?

Pretty close. Listen to both (your own filter choices, and the DAC's internal ones) and see which you like better.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not with Audirvana, unfortunately.

Many have suggested it, so imagine it's not easy for Damien to do it...

Granted he has his hands full with a million other requests...

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hello Skatbelt, Thank you for what probably are endless hours experimenting with these parameters. These settings have transformed my system to pure liquid. Thank you!!!

If I wanted to add a splash of concert hall reverb, which setting would I experiment with? Current settings:

Steepness: 83

Filter max length: 800,000

Cutoff freq.: 1,08

Anti-aliasing: 200.0

Pre-ringing: 0.30

Forced Upsampling: Power of 2

If I wanted to add a splash of concert hall reverb, which setting would I experiment with? Current settings:

Steepness: 83

Filter max length: 800,000

Cutoff freq.: 1,08

Pre-ringing: 0.30

maybe try my settings: #571

could work for you in what you looking at

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I see that I have mistakenly inverted 2 digits for the the max filter length and unfortunately this makes a huge difference. The correct values are:

Steepness: 128

Max filter length: 1'310'720

Cutoff freq.: 1.08

Anti-aliasing: 192.0

Pre-ringing: 0.52

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I see that I have mistakenly inverted 2 digits for the the max filter length and unfortunately this makes a huge difference. The correct values are:

Max filter length: 1'310'720

Cutoff freq.: 1.08

Thanks!

Would there be any one filter that controls "concert hall reverb" or is it a combination?

With the rest of your settings, lowering pre-ringing should do it. To get an idea of what that's doing, go here: SRC Comparisons , select iZotope SRC 64-bit Intermed. Phase and the Impulse test.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Would there be any one filter that controls "concert hall reverb" or is it a combination?

With max length filter at 1'114'112 and the rest of my settings, the soundstage will be more away (kind of "room effect") and as well more front and center focused. But for sure not a concert hall reverb... it will also reduce a bit the bass presence.

Please could someone post the default Izotope setting of Audirvana 2.1. Thx.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/izotope-sample-rate-convertor-15352/index12.html#post376630

Third suite is the default.

Sorry, but I think not, but also I am not sure about that Audirvana plus - Izotope default settings

The default has a pre-ringing of 1.00 (not 0.75). Jud where does this 0.75 come from since a long time in this thread?

Following the question of liteguy1, and with the improved SQ of A+ 2.1, my settings needed changes. They are now:

Max filter length: 1'064'960

Cutoff freq.: 1.03

One could as well use 1.00 for cutoff freq., if he wants a super focused front image as skatbelt describes in post #566

The default has a pre-ringing of 1.00 (not 0.75). Jud where does this 0.75 come from since a long time in this thread?

That's why it had a question mark next to it. :)

Edit: Thanks for the correction!

One could as well use 1.00 for cutoff freq., if he wants a super focused front image as skatbelt describes in post #566

First sorry for the wrong link to skatbelt’s description: #570

With my previous settings and cutoff freq. of 1.00, set pre-ringing to 0.51 and you should get the soundstage as it is recorded, consistent instruments and transparency (well defined bass and clear highs).

Thanks skatbelt for having me made searching with that value of the cutoff frequency, I have now found a much more natural listening without loosing what I already gained.

Triggered by a PM of Dyson I thought I'd share my latest findings with iZotope SRC.

I am still quite close to the settings I posted earlier.

Steepness: 73 dB

Max filter length: 645.600

Cutoff freq.: 1.00

Pre-ringing: 0.33

Power of 2

The biggest change for me is going back to a cutoff frequency of 1.00. I found the cutoff setting to be more or less comparable to the focus of a lens in photography. So back to front. A value higher than 1.00 leads to back focus, a lower one to front focus. It can be perceived as airiness (in some genres) but it is artificial and leads to a wrong presentation of soundstage depth.

The combination between steepness and pre-ringing to my ears acts more as a focus of the stereo image in the left to right plane. Not set right can lead to a stretched or compressed image, depending on the offset. I optimised my settings by striving for realness and lifelike presentation of stringed instruments (violin, cello, etc. but also piano). An offset leads to softness, less realness but can be perceived as more fluent/liquid, analogue, tube like. Not my cup of tea though. I call it distortion, he he...

The relationship between steepness and pre-ringing for me is somewhat constant. .01 up in pre-ringing is 3 or 4 dB down in steepness.

Since a few weeks and for headphone purposes I own a Chord Hugo. I was surprised to find out that with the Hugo I prefer exactly the same settings as with my Berkeley Alpha USB/Lyngdorf combo.

Skatbelt, your settings are a huge leap forward for me. The only difference in my system is a Max filter length around 1,500,000 works better in my system. I figure that's mostly a question of you having a much more refined DAC and speakers.

Thanks for sharing these settings.

Hi, everybody.

I thought I may offer my favorite settings for the tweakers amongst us to try.

Steepness: 24

Filter length: 1,999,872

Cutoff Freq: 1,00

Anti-aliasing: 192

Pre-ringing: 1.00

Up-sampling: powers of 2.

24 db for Steepness was chosen because any value lower resulted in some aliasing problems with music frequencies nearing 20k. (verified on an O-scope). Any value much higher resulted in a somewhat more "non-convincing" timbre, less clarity and a certain less comfortable sound to the music IMHO.

Please try the settings and let me know what you think.

Hi, everybody.

I thought I may offer my favorite settings for the tweakers amongst us to try.

Steepness: 24

Filter length: 1,999,872

Cutoff Freq: 1,00

Anti-aliasing: 192

Pre-ringing: 1.00

Up-sampling: powers of 2.

24 db for Steepness was chosen because any value lower resulted in some aliasing problems with music frequencies nearing 20k. (verified on an O-scope). Any value much higher resulted in a somewhat more "non-convincing" timbre, less clarity and a certain less comfortable sound to the music IMHO.

Please try the settings and let me know what you think.

If you reduce the filter length very substantially (try the very minimum) you might be able to play around with increasing steepness and seeing what it sounds like. Or you could leave the steepness where it is.

I found that reducing the filter length by a large amount toward the minimum seemed to affect the overall clarity of the sound. It kind of lost a sense of depth and realism.

I suppose what would be most useful is to know in depth what each of the sliders are actually doing. You know, the math and all the inter-related compromises.

I found that reducing the filter length by a large amount toward the minimum seemed to affect the overall clarity of the sound. It kind of lost a sense of depth and realism.

I suppose what would be most useful is to know in depth what each of the sliders are actually doing. You know, the math and all the inter-related compromises.

These settings interact. Greater filter length makes the filter steeper.. See if greater steepness and shorter length is at all preferable to the reverse.

I went big time in the opposite direction. I used a steepness of 144, and filter length of 192,000. Well, I have to say that my original settings sounded better to me.

There seems to be a somewhat smeared sound especially on the higher frequencies and a little less overall clarity with the revised settings.

I went big time in the opposite direction. I used a steepness of 144, and filter length of 192,000. Well, I have to say that my original settings sounded better to me.

There seems to be a somewhat smeared sound especially on the higher frequencies and a little less overall clarity with the revised settings.

OK, good, now you know. :)