IGNORED

WavePad - best player on the MAC?

Oh goody! Are we playing quotations again?

For all the many sheep-lovers here in CA (yes I know who you are!) - from Clerks "Hey, F**ko, we like to call it inter-species erotica" - there you go, much better than boring old Freddy Nitsie, Googleleio, and the lovely Karl Popper.

Hey, welcome to Arcadia! I'll try to get Vergil round to recite a few poems to all the sheep lovers...

OK, I take the blame, I started the quotation thing and I promise not to use any further quotes although I know a few good ones from "Dirty Harry".

From what I can see here, I seem to be the kid nobody wants to play with. Do not worry, I'll cope.

And yes: I am still open to a discussion about the sonic qualities of wavepad based on personal and recent experience.

Best regards

*progear

Isn't Wavepad made by an Aussie company? I suppose I could, at a stretch, claim some sheep-relevance from that? :) My mission being to somehow introduce our wooly friends into every single discussion I take part in (a noble cause as all right minded folk would agree)

FWIW, I dont think you should take the seeming lack of wavepad love personally, it's more the case (as stated above by others) that there are quite a few other programs out there to try, all of which are designed for purpose by developers who are much more engaged with their product and it's users. I'm sure there's lots of other topics here where your input is / would be appreciated, not just this one.

Hi Paul,

Yup, I have. Amarra, PureMusic, A+.

I am well aware that these players exist. I really like A+ and I also have read Damien's white paper and I do think he has a point.

Have you tried Wavepad v 5.34 recently?

Best regards

*progear

I do not see where it has really changed enough in the past couple years to warrant a retry, to be honest. YMMV of course. -Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

:) My mission being to somehow introduce our wooly friends into every single discussion I take part in (a noble cause as all right minded folk would agree)

Good cause indeed. All I can say about that is that back in 98/99 I really did try to pay Dolly a visit since she lived just around the corner, but I felt a wee bit sheepish because I did not dare/could not be bothered to ask Monica Lewinsky to sign her book for me at WHSmith in Princes Street. That's all the sheep stuff I can share at this moment.

FWIW, I dont think you should take the seeming lack of wavepad love personally, it's more the case (as stated above by others) that there are quite a few other programs out there to try, all of which are designed for purpose by developers who are much more engaged with their product and it's users. I'm sure there's lots of other topics here where your input is / would be appreciated, not just this one.

No worries,

I do not take anything personal here. I have read through good threads in forums like this one quite a few times before, for my own curiosity. Although I think I do know a few things about audio, there was never anything I knew somebody else had not written about. Thus, I could not see any reason to write anything on any forum.

This here is different.

It is the first time I investigated and did not find anything about the sonic qualities of wavepad anywhere on the www. Not an important finding anyway, but still something audiofools might be interested in, I thought. I might be wrong.

Well, the designed for purpose thingy. Sometimes you find what you are looking for where you least expect it, e. g. best sound quality.

Just imagine you are looking for a ship that is terribly environmentally friendly and is neither driven by the sun nor wind power (you are not interested in the obvious choices). You'd probably end up buying a German Uboat 212 class running on hydrogen fuel cells, although HDW never advertised the vessel as being particularly environmentally friendly.

Best regards

*progear