IGNORED

Bricasti M1 Filter Settings

Hello all, I'm about to take possession of a new Bricasti M1 Dac, and was wondering if there was a consensus among owners (or those who have heard it) on which settings are best. I know it's system dependent, but maybe a shortcut, as I could see spending untold hours futzing between umpteen settings. Which could be fun, except for occasionally wanting to leave the house : )

My system:

Chord 1050 Amp,

Sonore Music Server w/sotm USB out

Aforementioned Bricasti

Vivid Audio B1 speakers

Clear Day Speaker cables, Sunny Cable Technology PC, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB, Mogami AES/XLR...

Thanks for any and all help!

David

David:

I've been using the M1 longer than most. Once Bricasti added the minimum phase filters I settled on MP2. Here is the twist...

Two weeks ago Bricasti introduced a linear power supply that made a radical change in the sound of the M1. With the changeover, MP2 was still quite good but I actually switched over to MP0. At the suggestion of Brian Zolner I switched out the fuses. I installed Hi-Fi Tuning ceramic fuses. I was quite surprised by the noticeable improvement it made.

You should know that there is also an impending hardware update to the M1 which will allow it to accept native DSD and higher PCM sampling rates.

In my opinion Bricasti is pushing the state of the art in digital playback.

Ken Golden

www.lasercd.com

Thanks! I just got off the phone with Brian, great guy and super helpful. He too mentioned his pref for minimum zero... Do you have a link for which specific type of fuse I should try?

And is there a link for the psu?

Thanks again, loving the bricasti so far, only a few hours on her...

Thanks! I just got off the phone with Brian, great guy and super helpful. He too mentioned his pref for minimum zero... Do you have a link for which specific type of fuse I should try?

And is there a link for the psu?

Thanks again, loving the bricasti so far, only a few hours on her...

I installed 4 Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses. Bought them from Cable Co but I think they are available elsewhere. Talk to Brian about the psu upgrade. Before I changed I was on MP2, and switched to MP0 afterwards. Fuses made a big difference but nothing like the change from the new psu. Really dramatic.

Ken Golden

www.lasercd.com

Disclaimer- I'm a Bricasti dealer. Having said that, the new Power Supply upgrade that Ken refers to is an absolute must have for any M1 owner, and a must-audition for anyone interested in the state of the art in DAC technology. It dramatically, and I mean dramatically, lowers the noise floor and opens up the entire presentation. Our customers have called it the absolute best "upgrade" they have ever heard, bar none, for ANY product and, importantly, it really rises to a level of where it's equivalent to a very substantial step up in an actual component, forget incremental upgrade. The low level detail that you can now hear is frightening. This new PS will become standard in new product. Congratulations to Brian and team.

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)