IGNORED

GROUP BUY OF WEISS DAC2

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/My-only-Weiss-Hifi

It seems possible to get a group buy of Weiss DAC2 going. If you are interested, please second the details below. Some caveats:

1. Depending on the demand, we could approach Daniel with the numbers and then confirm the pricing thereafter.

2. As we would be located internationally, We will need to request Weiss Ltd. to ship this internationally, hence shipping will need to be added. The cost could be paid directly to Weiss Ltd. ALL IF AGREEABLE TO DANIEL.

Thanks Daniel, Thanks Chris on use of this forum.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Ok.

I get it. No interest. I will proceed to buy from my local dealer.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

• 1 month later...

Sadly no. Unless more of you get this going again.

I have already bought mine. Happy too.

I suspect, hope I'm not putting words in you mouth, that the poster who said bypassing dealer was wrong was meaning morally. What you have to remember is dealers are there to make money. What is VERY wrong IMO is when you goto a dealer, take advantage of demo facilities, then buy elsewhere, especially on Internet where prices are lower because they don't offer such services.

Just my thoughts.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

So your saying it's morally wrong to bypass the dealer and by straight from the manufacturer if they sell to you? Does that mean i shouldn't go to factory sales cause i'm bypassing Walmart?

Lying about something is morally wrong. Breaking a commitment is morally wrong. Breaking the law is wrong. Unless you've made a verbal commitment, you have no obligation to buy anything from a dealer even if you use their demo facilities. Nothing moral about this.

Haven't you ever gone to a car dealer and taken a car for a test drive just to try out the car? God is not shaking his head at you.

People may prefer to use a dealer because they prefer the customer service, and the extra assurance that if they need help afterwards they can go to their dealer. Internet is good. It opens up competition and expands consumer knowlodge. THis is not a moral issue.

You can make points all day long....still wrong.

The manu has a contract with the dealers. Your trying to get the manu to break that contract and sell direct (good luck). If you did the dealer could go after the manu for damages. The dealers have rights you know.

I told my dealer one day I wanted to start a local club and asked for his support. He said, "oh no all they will want is to get the manus to sell to them direct". I guess it was only a matter of time that it happened here.

regards

jr

ps the exchange rate with them is horrible anyway unless you live somewhere overthere.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/My-only-Weiss-Hifi

I did my best not to inflame this post. But to insure this thread does not go haywire....

AGAIN

Please read Daniel Weiss's post.

• 2 months later...