IGNORED

Comparison between toslink and firewire interface

Off the top of my head, I know that both the Weiss AFI1 and RME FireFace 400 and 800 have word clock inputs. The Lynx card, as commented, also has a Word Clock input.

The issue can be when using Dual Wire interface (with AFI1 and Lynx) as some expect the Word Clock rate to be that of the single wire speed and some the combined speed (so I've been informed).

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I'm using the the AFI1 word sync out into the D-05 and it works flawlessly. There is no manual change of sample rates using Amarra software.

What would be the idea of doing it the other way around by using the word sync input of the firewire interface?

JRiver MC22 -> Merging+NADAC (8CH) -> Bryston Cubed -> Vivid Giya G2/Vivid C1/4xVivid V1W

Danish,

The idea I think is 'give it a try' (slave the Weiss to the D-05) and find out if it sounds better. It MIGHT sound better, since the native clock of your D-05 running the DAC might provide better sound (likely because of jitter performance) then an external clock (no matter how good the clock in the Weiss). If you can't hear an improvement, change back to the old setting, since Amarra CAN set the clock on your Weiss, but not on your D-05... the Amarra/Weiss combo is likely to be more convenient...

Hans

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System