IGNORED

Article: T+A Elektroakustik DAC 8 Review

I did have a Linn Majik in my system for a while which was wonderfully smooth, equally if not more detailed than the DAC 1 and certainly significantly less fatiguing to listen to. But I much prefer the ease of control available via iTunes/iOS remote app/USB and so decided to pass it on.

Hello!

IF you had the Majik, then you have the "ease of control"...just not with iTunes.

Well, there is a server from Linn you can use that will read the iTunes installation. Then you use Kinsky to control and read the iTunes folders. See here:

SongboxManual

brief story. The other day, I had a demo of Akurate DSM.

It was up and running in less that five minutes. Including unpacking.

Power up, connect ethernet and get IP...Immediate access with my iPAD.

The friend that brought the Akurate DSM, after logging to my network, could also navigate on my library...

Since we were doing comparisons, I could use the same server and stream to both players (Sneaky and Akurate) at the same time to compare.

PS - in fact you can also stream as Airplay...just not the best way:

FAQs - LinnDocs

Hello!

IF you had the Majik, then you have the "ease of control"...just not with iTunes.

MikeJazz, thanks. I have followed Linn's progress with their control options and agree it now seems pretty well developed with the Kinsky, SongCast, AirPLay options, etc: lightyears ahead of where it was 2-3 years ago. My problem is that I have a large library (ca. 50k songs) and, with the exception of Apple Remote, all of the control apps I have tried (including from Linn) exhibit some form of compromise. This is usually in the form of crashes, delays, freezing, unresponsiveness for periods. The search capabilities are also less flexible and way slower (AR has a global search which allows one to conduct a speedy search simultaneously across tracks, albums, artists, etc, which is very handy with a large library). This is a compromise that I prefer not to make and is a shame as I know from my own experience that the Linn equipment is sonically superb. So I will focus on USB DACs for now but will continue to observe!

• 3 years later...
Is April Music Eximus DP-1 an exclusive outdated 192kHz PCM DAC?

Yes. It is 24/192 only and is no longer available, according to the companies website.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A