IGNORED

Acoustic Revive USB-1.0SPS (2 available)

Hey Guys,

So I have 2 Acoustic Revive USB-1.0SPS that I JUST purchased...and now have to sell. I also just purchased a Zuma server which is not compatible because the SOtM card only has 1 USB input, this cable has 2 output connectors so requires 2 available USB inputs. This pains me because this is by far the best USB cable I know of. Prior to these I used the previous version, the SP, and this revised cable that was just released is certainly a move forward in every area. If you've not tried Acoustic Revive cables their signature is "Presence"...that you are there feeling like nothing else. Can you tell I like them?!

I would strongly consider a trade for the Acoustic Revive USB-1.0PLS, possibly the Esoteric cable and unlikely but maybe another upper tier model. For now I am using the new Oyaide which is very good so it needs to top that. Of course cash is fine too, I need $615/cable.

Thnx!

For $199 buy the iFi USB power. It provides better USB power from the SOtM (especially compared to the dirty motherboard power) AND provides you with the exact dual USB outs you need (it's designed for that)!

Thanks Ted. BTW, I'm in Columbus:) What the hell is this device you speak of? I'll do a search and see what I can find....

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/ifi-iusb-power-supply-neat-tweak-and-upgrade-usb-dac-13832/

I've commented a lot about it, but will have a formal review asap. For you it's a no-brainer.

Thanks! Now could you please explain to my wife that I can't work on her list because I need to spend the rest of the day reading about this thing and ordering one!?

I was very interesting in the Acoustic Revive RUI-1 which is a USB isolator that works like a little isolation transformer for USB. This is highly effective in their DISX digital cable which I use, honestly the very best digital cable I have heard...which is MANY. The issue with the AR device is it's designed for USB1.0. They are working on a current version but until then this may be the thing to use. This will allow me to use the AR USB cable with 2 outputs. I don't see any cable supplied in any of the pics for the run between the device and server though. I'll email them today, get some more info and get one on the way. Thanks again for the tip.

I still have an extra USB cable to sell! Maybe not 2 though...

Thanks! Now could you please explain to my wife that I can't work on her list because I need to spend the rest of the day reading about this thing and ordering one!?

I was very interesting in the Acoustic Revive RUI-1 which is a USB isolator that works like a little isolation transformer for USB. This is highly effective in their DISX digital cable which I use, honestly the very best digital cable I have heard...which is MANY. The issue with the AR device is it's designed for USB1.0. They are working on a current version but until then this may be the thing to use. This will allow me to use the AR USB cable with 2 outputs. I don't see any cable supplied in any of the pics for the run between the device and server though. I'll email them today, get some more info and get one on the way. Thanks again for the tip.

I still have an extra USB cable to sell! Maybe not 2 though...

No need to email. They supply both a generic .75M umbilical USB (for SOtM to iFI; see Blake's pics in post 55) and also a 1M USB-to-dc plug (sent in my box and later productions), so one could use the thing as simply a generic 5V power supply if one wants, like for a Squeezebox...or to simply power the SOtM card directly (but that doesn't give you dual conduit capability in that setup).

Hmmmm....I doubt I would want to use a generic USB cable. Surprised they do not supply a quality cable. On their Facebook page it seems they have those in the works too.

iFi wants to keep the thing at $199. They have announced both a dual conduit cable (Gemini) and a single wire version, at .75M and 1.5M (I think). Both are very inexpensive (like less than $200 for longest dual conduit). I replaced the generic umbilical with a .75M DH Labs and found it much better, while retaining my Wireworld Platinum as the go-to for ifi to Meitner DAC. I demo'd your AR cable (earlier non-S version) and loved it, btw. It would be my go-to but will wait to hear the dual conduit Gemini first. Also waiting to hear Brad's redesigned RAL dual conduit.

Hmmmm....I doubt I would want to use a generic USB cable. Surprised they do not supply a quality cable. On their Facebook page it seems they have those in the works too.

That "generic" cable is guaranteed to be the correct impedance and will beat a lot of expensive "audiophile" cables. In 2 weeks they will release the GEMINI dial head cable for less than $100 for the 0.75m length. You should pre-order as I believe they will sell out in the first production batch, no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...