IGNORED

Is there a decent conversion program out there?

sammie

Nevermind. Using secret magic search, I see that you use a Mac mini. Max is the program for Mac, unless you want to pay some major $$. I use version 7.1 and it works great for everything ( I use Sound Forge on the PC ). There was an issue with FLAC when using version 8.0, but that was supposed to be fixed with version 8.1. I don't know for sure, because I am happy with version 7.1. Here is their website: http://sbooth.org/Max/

If you have problems with 8.1 let me know & I will try to help.

- markr

DBPoweramp Music Converter is by far, the best app out there with its plugins to convert files to all formats! Too bad, not a Mac version :-)

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

• 1 month later...

Hi team. I have been busy ripping my music collection to my nas. Very Boring! EAC works great...thanks for the support with that! Thank god I never really got into buying cds :)

Anyway, Chris next up is converting my 24/96 flac to 24/96 wav. I guess you like mac for Apple, but what do you like for the pc dudes and dudets.

regards

vortecjr

ps I am leaning to the psaudio perfectwavedac these days.......just waiting to sample it when it comes out in June to my local dealer.

I have actually converted a few of my files from flac to wav and cant really tell them apart. I know its better in wav and I am ok with all that. I know its good for straight flac to wav conversion at the same bit/sample rate. However, is it also good for up sampling or should I then move to something like soundforge for that kind of work?

Thanks team

RE

JR

I'm busy archiving LPs to 24/192 PCM files, recording in AIFF. No problem converting these files to WAV and FLAC with Max, but conversion to ALAC gives large files that Max cannot convert back to anything.

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

Great!

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800