IGNORED

First multi-channel DSD playback solution with Mytek!

I've got an preamp version. Is it Ok to add a Master Version to play multi channel, in fact three channel RCA? The Master Version will play Right and Left channel via an wyred4sound stp-se to control the volume, and the preamp version to an active speaker for the center channel.

The USB ASIO driver does not care whether its a preamp or mastering version; same USB, same outputs. But...what I documented above was that the USB driver will give the fronts (left and right) to the DAC with the oldest serial number, and then the center/LFE channels to the next newest DAC (and if a third DAC, it would be the newest s/n and get surround left/right).

Ted,

Thanks for your explanation. As for the channel assignment, what makes it the way that the channel assignment is decided by the serial number, USBMLink, Mytek, or JRiver?

I'm wondering is it possible through some future update to make the channel assignment more flexible and could be manually set up case by case. Otherwise, I might have to ask my local dealer to sell me an older Master Version for the FR and FL channel playback....

John,

First off, it's not DoP its direct DSD via ASIO. Second, there is no frequency setting, just internal synch or word clock. Third, the firmware that allows this (word clock in USB2) is unreleased so far.

Ted,

You're definitely right. Should be ASIO not Dop....my bad...^^

And are you implying that I can look forward to the release of the the firmware to enable external word clock in USB2?

No, just a reminder that you need to ask for them (firmware AND driver needed); they're not released yet. But others have reported on the stereo thread that they got them by asking. I have no approval to forward you mine, however.

OK, thanks. When I got the mytek dacs ready, I'll ask Michal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ripped some SACD from RCA(three channel SACD) and Pentatone RQR(four channel SACD). But when I drag the ISO file into JRiver, it showed those tracts are "5" channels. Does anyone encounter this situation? I only got two myteks now, which should be able to play 4 channel DSD.

John,

As I said in my several PMs to you, JRiver sees them as 5.1 files even though only 3 (or 4) channels are actually used and active. I am working through the issue of having only 2 DACs, as I said. Give me some time. This is all experimental. Right now i know 3 DACS works; not exactly sure why 2 don't..my first theory is that JRiver wants to downmix to 4 channels, and downmixing is a DSP (i.e PCM) activity. Just a first hunch.

Ted,

Thanks for your reply. I think I must have missed what you've mentioned. I hope that the fix about the multi channel recognition could be seen on JRiver.

• 2 weeks later...