Sign in to follow this  
alex santos

Read- download full FLAC albums from archive.org

If you like some of the FLAC music on Archive.org but get tired of downloading them manually here is a gem of a terminal command that will download only the FLACs for you and put them in a folder in your home directory.

wget -rc -A.flac --tries=5 http://archive.org/the/url/of/the/album

Enjoy - no more alt-clicking to download.

Works in OS X terminal.

Best Regards[br]Alex

OS X doesn't have wget by default, so curl -O is an option for those not wanting to install wget.

Indeed. I must have wget from my brew installation.

By the way you can change the -A.flac to -A.m4v or for that matter -A.jpg for album art. It will all go in the same directory as long as the URL is the same.

Best Regards[br]Alex

Help!!!

I am kind of a dope when it comes to file management, like downloads...and just about anything else. My kids (former technical advisors) are all gone, last one at WFU. So no where else to turn.

I am attempting to download this show of Tedeschi Trucks at the Beacon with Warren Haynes sitting in from this past Thursday: https://archive.org/details/ttb2016-10-07.mk6.edtyre

Can download and convert from flac to aiff with XLD (thanks to recommendation of that app here), but I lose the metadata? What do I have to do to add that info and when? Thanks.

Think I figured it out...new format on archive.org...instead of downloading just flac files, there is a place to click on "all" and the metadata comes along.

Tone with Soul