IGNORED

Apple mac mini Core i5 2.5GHz - 8GB RAM -500GB HDD with Amarra Hifi, XBMC and iLife 11 $575

I am selling my mac mini (Apple mac mini Core i5 2.5GHz - 8GB RAM -500GB HDD -MC816​LL/A(2011) which I have been using (actually NOT using, which is why I am selling it) as my HTPC/music server. This is a stock mac mini with RAM upgraded to 8GB and the OS has been upgraded to the latest version (OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2). I will also through in the following software:

iLife 11 (GarageBand, iPhoto & iMovie)

Amarra Hifi (SAM-HIFI)

XBMC

$575, includes shipping

Detailed item info

Product Information

Powered by 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, the Apple MC816LL/A desktop lets you work smoothly on multiple applications simultaneously. The AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics processor of this Apple Mac Mini takes your gaming experience to a new level. The built-in speaker, HDMI port, and headphone minijack of this Apple desktop add to your convenience. The Apple MC816LL/A desktop features four USB 2.0 ports, one Thunderbolt port, SDXC card slot, etc., making way for quick and easy connections. This Apple desktop is not only ENERGY STAR 5.2 compliant, but has also achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT, thus reducing its environmental impact. The extensive hard drive of this Apple Mac Mini stores all your documents, movies, songs, etc. Stay connected to your world as the Apple MC816LL/A desktop features 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking. Apple MC816LL/A desktop has Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity.

Product Identifiers

Brand Apple

Product Family Mac Mini

Model ID Macmini5,2

Model Number A1347

MPN MC816LL/A

UPC 885909455621

Processor

Processor Type Intel Core i5

Processor Speed 2.50 GHz

Number of Cores Dual-Core

Motherboard

Video Output Interface USB

Motherboard I/O Ports FireWire (IEEE1394b) x 1, HDMI x 1, RJ45 Lan Port x 1, USB 2.0 x 4

Technical Features

Expansion Slots SDXC card

Hard Drive

Hard Drive Capacity 500 GB

Hard Drive Rotation Speed 5400 RPM

Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA III

Memory

RAM Technology DDR3 SDRAM

Installed RAM 8 GB

RAM Max Supported Size 8 GB

RAM Memory Slots Qunatity 2 x SODIMM

Installed Cache Memory 32 KB

Max. Cache Memory 3 MB

Video

On Board Graphic Processor AMD Radeon HD 6630M

Max. Video Resolution 2560 x 1600

Installed Video Memory 256 MB

Video Outputs DVI x 1

Audio

Audio Input Line In (3.5mm), Microphone, Stereo Input Jack

Audio Output Analog Audio, Headphone, Line Out, Speakers

Networking

Data Link Protocol Bluetooth, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n

Networking Type Bluetooth, Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card, Integrated Wireless LAN

Dimensions

Depth 7.7 in.

Height 1.4 in.

Width 7.7 in.

Weight 3 lb.

Miscellaneous

Form Factor Desktop Slimline

Release Date July, 2011

Other Features 64bit Ready

iLife 11 comes with it, and XBMC is a free download. So really the only advantage of this over buying a new one from Apple is the Amarra software (is the license transferable?) and the extra 4 gig of memory (which is cheap and easily added). So $20 off the Apple list price + that probably doesn't compensate for it being used and not having a transferable warranty.

Mac mini - Buy Mac mini Desktop Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

No, I had to buy the iLife program because it did NOT come with the computer. It will also come with a full version of Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac if that is needed. These have been selling on eBay for $525-580 without the memory upgrade or software that I am including (Amarra, iLife and MS Office). If you don't like the price, make me a reasonable offer.

The four mac minis and three laptops I bought recently (home and work) all came with iLife (iPhoto, Garage Band, etc), so I just assumed yours did too.

I had to buy iWork, if that is what you mean.

I'm not in the market for any more. I was just trying to help by suggesting why it might not be generating interest. I'll leave you to it.

This is confusing. Are you in the US or Canada? Every Mac since 2005 has came with iLife, Ammara HiFI is $99 list, and often on sale, and XBMC is free. The Mac lists for $599. And 8gb of memory is $48 new.

Assuming you are the first owner, $475 would be a fair price, assuming someone wants an Amarra HiFi license.

If Office has been installed and registered, it isn't legal to resell so far as I know. But most folks would buy the home version which is reguarly onsale at BestBuy for under $100.

I am only chiming in here because you asked for a bit of pricing advice. If I were buying it, I would offer you less than the figure above, depending upon the age and history. This "I had to buy iLife" is like a red flag something is unusual about the machine.

Yours,

-Paul

Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No, I had to buy the iLife program because it did NOT come with the computer. It will also come with a full version of Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac if that is needed. These have been selling on eBay for $525-580 without the memory upgrade or software that I am including (Amarra, iLife and MS Office). If you don't like the price, make me a reasonable offer.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein