IGNORED

Another Gem Ruined By Rick Rubin and Vlado Meller (RATM)

Topping this thread as I think it's relevant - Audio Fidelity has licensed the original 1/2" 30ips analogue stereo master tapes for a Hybrid SACD release of this album. What a 180 degree turn from the horrid mess that the XX remastering resulted in.

The original US vinyl release was the only all analogue cutting of this album, but as good as it sounds (and the original CD too) at 26 mins/side you can't help but wonder what was left on the table...plus there is still some limiting on that original CD mastering. I'm guessing the new AF SACD will answer that question, day one pre-order for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Rage-Against-Machine/dp/B01EMP3V5Y/

Also agree with Mr. Diament about influence, and surprised to read someone else mentioning Jensen as only applying punch to the drums...no shortage of titles with over-zealous dynamic range compression to his name.

Topping this thread as I think it's relevant - Audio Fidelity has licensed the original 1/2" 30ips analogue stereo master tapes for a Hybrid SACD release of this album. What a 180 degree turn from the horrid mess that the XX remastering resulted in.

The original US vinyl release was the only all analogue cutting of this album, but as good as it sounds (and the original CD too) at 26 mins/side you can't help but wonder what was left on the table...plus there is still some limiting on that original CD mastering. I'm guessing the new AF SACD will answer that question, day one pre-order for me.

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine - Amazon.com Music

Also agree with Mr. Diament about influence, and surprised to read someone else mentioning Jensen as only applying punch to the drums...no shortage of titles with over-zealous dynamic range compression to his name.

This is terrific news.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png