IGNORED

New addition . . . . Krell KMA's

HIFI

New addition... To your hifi or your heating system? :-)

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Congratulations! I purchased a KSA 100 back in the 1980s -- your KMA 100 monos are essentially a pair of bridged KSA 50 amps. As noted above, they can run quite warm. However, they have great bass slam and worked well with difficult loads.

I sold my amp several years ago after I picked up a used KSA 300s. I use it solely for sub bass duty (driving a pair of 15" TADs). It runs much cooler (because of the adjusting bias) and I can't imagine finding anything much better for this application.

March 2012 one of the amps needed a repair. At that time the amps were both checked completely and the needed repair was made and new RCA inputs installed on both amps. The tech that did the repair commented on how clean these old amps are. They are in mint condition inside and out.

insideviewkma1.jpg

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Congratulations! I purchased a KSA 100 back in the 1980s -- your KMA 100 monos are essentially a pair of bridged KSA 50 amps. As noted above, they can run quite warm. However, they have great bass slam and worked well with difficult loads.

I sold my amp several years ago after I picked up a used KSA 300s. I use it solely for sub bass duty (driving a pair of 15" TADs). It runs much cooler (because of the adjusting bias) and I can't imagine finding anything much better for this application.

The KMA's I picked up were running the low end on a pair of Meadowlark Nightingales and paired with Manley Reference 500 tube mono blocks for everything above 70hZ.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR