IGNORED

Show us your great photos!

vinegar weed_closeup_DSC_0017_800 high.jpg

A closeup of vinegar weed stamens. The flower is about 1/4" across. With bare eyes, you see a bit of color but little detail. Take pictures with a macro lens and lots of pixels and you see a different world. Here is the saety of pictures from that session.

09_08_09_vinegar weed in Lime Ridge - Bill and Lesley's Pictures

I've got lots of wildflower and wildlife pictures I like. It is hard to pick favorites. The flower in my avatar image is another favorite.

Bill

... I've got lots of wildflower and wildlife pictures I like. It is hard to pick favorites.
I just spent some time on your site. Lots of nice pix. Mt Diablo?! We may have crossed paths sometime.

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

I just spent some time on your site. Lots of nice pix. Mt Diablo?! We may have crossed paths sometime.

Thanks. I'm years behind in selecting editing and uploading pictures.

We might have crossed paths. I've lived in central Contra Costa since 1976. I've been active in civic stuff and environmental activities such as habitat restoration.

Bill

...I've been active in civic stuff and environmental activities such as habitat restoration...
Thank you for doing what you do. Your photos show just how tirelessly you work. It is so much appreciated by all of us.

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

As some pictures of pets have been posted, I couldn't resist in showing that one:

Bärli.jpg

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Spotted behind the system of a self-described obsessive audiophile and captured clandestinely with my iPhone -

IMG_0672.JPG

Ha, ha, ha... looks like my system picture under the rack (then nobody could notice). I began with patience and order, then finished like an spaghetti plate...

Roch

Not just a photo, but your good photos. We already have a "show us your kit" thread for plain old photos. This thread is for the photos you are proud of, that you took time and put in effort to get just right [...]

Is this supposed to be limited to audio gear? I've seen the tube below used in DIY amps. So I guess it counts:

7479301438_320c0a95ff.jpg

There was a flower photo, here is another one:

7171059941_ec7c06e2d1.jpg

Some animal photos too. I guess this is kind of an "animal":

7617559736_e518aa686e.jpg

No point for audio without music. So here's some music:

6902942939_7f5ebe935d.jpg

Of course, we all need cameras to take pictures:

1067270586_3181008e87.jpg

Andy

Telefunken, merge.jpg

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

And here some "old" (and sold) hifi gear of mine:

Jeff Rowland Concentra.jpg

A Jeff Rowland Concentra, first series, with attached phono-boards.

Stunning build quality - even on the inside.

The picture was taken from the bottom side.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

And here some "old" (and sold) hifi gear of mine:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3672[/ATTACH]

A Jeff Rowland Concentra, first series, with attached phono-boards.

Stunning build quality - even on the inside.

The picture was taken from the bottom side.

Super Cool!

No electron left behind.

Wow, the resolution on the moon shot's pretty staggering. Probably not done with a regular camera lens right?

It was taken with a DSLR attached to the back of a 6" 1200mm refractor telescope.

The star trail with the lighthouse was a single 1 hour exposure with a DSLR.