IGNORED

Gapless DLNA/UPnP players?

Cyrus Streamers do gapless IIRC.

You may also want to look at product likes such as Marantz, Denon, Pioneer and Yamaha but will take some investigation which do gapless - off top of head I think Denon and Marantz do; Pioneer doesn't and Yamaha I can't remember.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I've been around this site years now and I *still* don't know what gapless playback means hahahaha !

Does it mean that when you select an "album" on your music library the tracks will keep on playing thru to the end? You know without having to keep hitting the play or "next track " button? Like when we used to use CD's?

Sorry for daft q/... But sometimes even the basics escape me :)

Gapless playback means that as the player plays each track, there is no pause (gap) between the tracks (like with a CD).

When a player can't support gapless there will be a small (1-2 seconds) pause/silence. Now with most albums this doesn't matter, but on a lot of classical and live albums such a pause is audible and (quite frankly) annoying.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I don't know of their range, but maybe worth looking at what T+A have to offer...

Eloise

---