IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

2 hours ago, The Man said:

The Valhalla2 usb cable the best I've ever listened to... no emi rfi eliminated and it just improves the quality of the music ... started on a mac laptop and saw the difference immediately I was using 7n silver before...  incredible cable... 

Please , which 7n, there are many having the technique, like Furutech for example. The Valhalla price is right up there, so prudent spending needed.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks.  I have the V2 back in my system at present, but find it has the Nordost trait of being a little light, looking for more organic cable but with the best of the V2.  I hear Terrulium is coming out with a higher end USB cable, though I do know when.  Was impressed with the current cable, esp at the price point, just did not have the control I wanted, esp in the bass.

20 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Please , which 7n, there are many having the technique, like Furutech for example. The Valhalla price is right up there, so prudent spending needed.

7n from Sotm...  if you have a chance to demo one I highly recommend it...  I've listened to a lot of cables and those are the best bar none... in respect to USB... 

Has anyone tried Audiosensibilty USB offering? I have his speakercables, powercables and interconnect wich I like. 

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/digital-cables-occ-copper-and-occ-silver/#!/Signature-Silver-USB-Cable-Type-A-B/p/56176309/category=4059160

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

32 minutes ago, Jon47 said:

Other than that, the Valhalla V2 does it all, except some the organics that I miss.

This is a major drawback, so at this price point  I would say it is not up to the task.

You can "downgrade", try the FTA und save some money?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Hi,

Thx. 

I live in Singapore, so I doubt I would be able to listen to this cable.

The Valhalla is very good, no doubt, just looking for a more organic presentation.

I am sure if they ever bring out an Odin cable in USB this will be addressed.  But then the Absolute Dream would be a good choice.  Though, prices are stratospheric.

6 hours ago, matthias said:

This is a major drawback, so at this price point  I would say it is not up to the task.

Matt

When you say V2 I'm  you referring to the usb cable? It's the most organic of any cable I've ever listened to that they have; do you own one? When I say its the best I mean the top of the chain in every respect

6 hours ago, matthias said:

Matt

That's like saying oh that Ferrari isn't up to the task to expensive........ you get what you pay for; you want the best you pay for the best... and its the best..

6 hours ago, Jon47 said:

Hi,

Thx. 

I live in Singapore, so I doubt I would be able to listen to this cable.

The Valhalla is very good, no doubt, just looking for a more organic presentation.

I am sure if they ever bring out an Odin cable in USB this will be addressed.  But then the Absolute Dream would be a good choice.  Though, prices are stratospheric.

??? The V2 usb cable is new. It hasn't been around for a long time and also its not a V1  its a V2 its very organic... I own v2 interconnects as well... i've upgraded overtime ......   Odin would be way beyond your price point if your complaining about the V2

Your right, it's the Valhalla USB.  In my system the Valhalla USB is not organic...clean, fast, resolving...yes.  I have an Odin power cord and love it.  I am looking for suggestions around the Valhalla price point, if you don't have anything to add...that's fine.

5 hours ago, The Man said:

That's like saying oh that Ferrari isn't up to the task to expensive........ you get what you pay for; you want the best you pay for the best... and its the best..

Have you compared the FTA Callisto to to the Valhalla?

If not, how can you make such statements? 

7 hours ago, Jon47 said:

Your right, it's the Valhalla USB.  In my system the Valhalla USB is not organic...clean, fast, resolving...yes.  I have an Odin power cord and love it.  I am looking for suggestions around the Valhalla price point, if you don't have anything to add...that's fine.

It's Valhalla 2 usb   there is no Valhalla usb...  if its not organic then I can't comment on what equipment you have but its one of the most organic cables and quite cables they have.   What do you mean by suggestions about the price point?? Depends on your dealer....

2 hours ago, christoph said:

Have you compared the FTA Callisto to to the Valhalla?

If not, how can you make such statements? 

It's pretty easy to make that statement actually... I"ve made it a number of times already...  I compared it to a lot of cables... curios, synergistic, Sotm... etc.. I can't compare it to every usb cable in existence .....  I don't see people raving about the Callisto usb cable do some research on the Valhalla 2 usb cable ..... see what you find..... 

5 hours ago, christoph said:

Why not? I have one 90 cm and one 130 cm. 

They are handmade, so within reason, everything should be possible.

I asked because there is a very expensive USB cable from Poland which is only available in 100 cm, AFAIK.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)