IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

On 11/6/2016 at 4:48 PM, Dev said:

I have compared Curious, JCAT dual-head reference, AQ Diamond and WW Platinum in the past and find that its very much dependent on the transport and DAC combination. What USB cable performs the best in one combination doesn't necessarily works if the combination is changed. When I had a dual-pc Jplay setup, the JCAT usb cable (I have it for sale, pm if interested) performed best when used with PPA or JCAT usb card. With microRendu/DS combo, the Curious performs the best. I am very much eager to try the Audience.

This makes sense to me.  Associated gear is always a factor in my experience as well.

• 1 year later...

I just got the new Stereophile via Zinio.  Kimber and others are starting to make USB-C connectors on the USB cables.  Nordost does it and I just got an Audioquest "DragonTail" that is a 4" or so adaptor that converts USB-A to USB-C with 5% silver.  I have it connected to a Galileo from Synergistic and it noticeable improved my sound over a standard Apple dongle (no surprise there!).

5 hours ago, matthias said:

I think the best is to have a "wireless" adaptor like this one from AQ:

https://www.audioquest.com/accessories/splitters-connectors-adaptors/adaptors/usb-a-to-c-adaptor

I hope that manufacturers like Oyaide will launch USB-C cables too.

Matt

I think the manufacturers will.  And yes, I will try the wireless version of the AQ soon.  The best wire is no wire?  Sometimes you want the extra flexibility of the wire version though.

• 3 weeks later...