IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Apmusson said:

However, occasionally my system the sound a little dull after a long period of usage - I ended up turning the Hugo 2 and Ultrarendu off for a short period and the magic was back.

Remind me of leaving computer on for many weeks, then odd things start happens. Reboot machine & all Ok again. Which suggest (to me) a software problem, not cable. Suggest to you to try & isolate problem, UR (computer inside!), Hugo, USB cable?

Very unusual problem worth more investigation IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sonicularity said:

1 Science is responsible for recording and playing back the music.   

2 Science can be applied to verify that what is played back is identical to what was recorded

3 to a degree that makes it unlikely that any difference is audible.   

4 I certainly hope a good mastering engineer isn't swapping out cables to get the right house sound for a particular session.

1- No, only the sound. You still not clear on difference between 'music' & 'sound'. (oddly like too many audiophiles :()

2- Really? I see much evidence you incorrect. Watch CA activity stream for examples of 'science' fails daily.

3- That is your opinion only (see above)

4- 'Getting a sound' is what recording studios all about! There no pretense to deliver event/purist recording product. Massive geek hardware toys reason enough to manipulate, not preserve, sound  :D

If Cookie or Barry or ?? swap a cable (or all) to achieve better reproduction for their purist products, I say Hooray! better for our 'ears'. Meters, scopes, AP-1s, &c. don't care.

You miss point that hearing of sound, music, & SQ all happen in our mind(wetware), so electronic measurement(hardware) from different universe & only sometimes correlated enough to be useful. Trained listeners, even if sometimes inconsistent, uncalibrated, still orders of magnitude more skilled, complex & subtle in 'sound' & 'music' analysis then EE toys (B|). All (almost?) respected audio product designers use EE tools in development, but final step is 'voicing' by trained ear(s). That is for a good reason, is reality of audio! (ignoring stupid objective/subjective arguments!)

Sorry all, not mean to start up 'objective/subjective brawl' or 'can't hear cables knife fight' or 'sighted vs. blind BS' in thread. Probably OP not want that too.

But lost patience with arrogant hearing denier attitudes. Must because guard fell down, since most fools & villain posters blocked to make CA sane, (mostly) friendly place (even if so slow for time now :/)

23 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Sorry "shared experiences" or "shared perceptions" or whatever does not form "empirical evidence" in the scientific sense. Its not the same no matter how much you want it to be, or how many people say it is

Remind me of Sheldon ('Big Bang Theory' TV) arguing with Amy about which science dominant. He only know and see everything thru, Physics & Math. Part idiot/savant (extreme geek!), part testosterone. Caricature for TV sit-com, but contain core truth of more then few CA characters.

Please do not forget many (more?) useful tools from so-called 'soft' sciences!