IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

I did though indirectly -- I thought the Lightspeed was much much better than the WWPS7, which sounded tonally threadbare in comparison. However the Curious and Audience turned the tables on the LS which, though detailed and giving an impression of great transparency, sounded lightweight and somewhat thin compared to either of the latter.

I initially thought the Curious was the better of the two over the AU24 SE but when I ditched the REGEN I'd been using I found the Curious was a bit too incisive and ultimately fatiguing while the Audience Hit the sweet spot by being both harmonically richer and ultimately more detailed and transparent without being fatiguing.

I can only surmise that the REGEN, while doing an admirable job taming digital edginess or hardness that might be present with some streamers or commuter sources, ultimately was a bit too much of a good thing after my digital front end improved from Auralic Aries to Aurender N100H to Sonore microRendu.

Since this is somewhat system dependent, your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps,

Steve Z

Excellent. Thanks Steve. That was my understanding as well from various other places I read about AU24. I am now using the Curious, that beats the WW, JCAT and Audioquest in my system and wondering what could have been even better.

• 2 weeks later...

I have compared Curious, JCAT dual-head reference, AQ Diamond and WW Platinum in the past and find that its very much dependent on the transport and DAC combination. What USB cable performs the best in one combination doesn't necessarily works if the combination is changed. When I had a dual-pc Jplay setup, the JCAT usb cable (I have it for sale, pm if interested) performed best when used with PPA or JCAT usb card. With microRendu/DS combo, the Curious performs the best. I am very much eager to try the Audience.