-Wireworld ultraviolet (3 months)

-Wireworld Platinum (1 month)

-Transparent USB (1 month)

-Tellurium Q Black USB (2 months)

My preferences:

Tellurium Q Black > Transparent USB > AQ Diamond > WW Platinum > WW Ultraviolet

All the best

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

thanks Oscar,

would you mind just talking a little bit about the differences? liked your signature, btw

on another note: Diamond and Platinum coming from the library for tests

Thanks reverendo,

I think that the Tellurium and Transparent are very well balanced along all frecuencies, especially tellurium USB black. AQ diamond is also a very good cable, a little pricier here in Europe, with good defined bass (not as pronounced as with Tel/Transparent) but with a trace for sibilance in my system. Ww platinum sounded too revealing and a little bright, not as good as AQ diamond for me. With WW ultraviolet my music sounded more harsh and with not very wide soundstage.

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

Interesting perspectives. Tellurium seems to have a lower profile in the market as compared to WW and Audioquest, so there is not much info around. I too did not like the Platinum and I can hear the slight sibilance you speak of in the Audioquest Coffee as well. Was going to get the Diamond but I might look at Tellerium now.

What is the build quality of the Tellerium like?

Also, I notice they now have the Graphite version which is a step up in quality from the Black.

hi, build quality of Tellurium's USB cable is good, it feels like a solid cable, although not as well finished as AQ diamond or Ww platinum. it sounds to me more balanced than the other 2, especially the Ww. if you can, test it in your system. I haven't test graphie version, I suppose it is better, but much more pricier...

regards.oscar

Hi Oscar,

I'm somewhat surprised that you found the Transparent Performance USB Superior to the AQ Diamond, which is very highly regarded.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Jean-Pierre

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Transparent USB is not superior to AQ Diamond, but I slightly prefer it in my system to AQ Diamond, that is also a very good USB cable (but pricier).

Oscar

I am well aware of that, and also very puzzled about how to upgrade my usb cable (currently using WW silver starlight).

Any suggestions?

hi,

test it before buy it. Not an easy best-worst rule in USB cables.

my suggestion:Tellurium Q, but it is only that...

oscar

• 4 months later...

Dear Oscar,

Tellurium Q have now got the Black Diamond in production:-

The first review can be seen here:-

Yes! I will test it (and buy it) ;) if all goes well. I contacted Tellurium Q spanish distributor yesterday asking for a home demo trial.

Best regards

Oscar