IGNORED

Special Offer: Brahms Symphony No. 1 - Dausgaard - Swedish Chamber Orchestra - eclassical 24/44

Just saw this special offer and at this price couldn't resist:

eClassical - Brahms ? Symphony No.1

4719727-origpic-11c689.jpg

I already liked Dausgaard on his recordings of the Schumann symphonies, so I was curious what he'd do to what is to me at least the ultimate symphony.

And I'm impressed: while you probably wouldn't put "Brahms" and "Chamber Orchestra" together, the approach works. Initially I was a bit disoriented by the extremely fast intro, which I like with much more poise. But doesn't matter, it fits the entire highly energetic flow, which doesn't leave you bored for 1 second.

Having over 25 versions to compare to, this easily makes it into my top 5, and it is the only 24 bit I have.

Sound quality is usual nice BIS standard.

At less than $10 for the entire album with some nice fillers this is absolutely worth having.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go for it. :)

Digital Sources: Linn Klimax DS and Audio Note CDT3 + Audio Note DAC 4.1x balanced.[br] Analog Source: Clearaudio Innovation + SME V tonearm + Benz Micro LP S cartridge.[br]Plinius Tautoro Preamp. - Plinius SA Reference Amp.[br]Dynaudio Sapphire Speakers + Velodyne Ultra Subwoofer.[br]Powercords: Elrod Statement Gold.[br]Interconnects and Speaker cables: Kubala-Sosna Elation.[br]Dedicated Power lines for HiFi Stuff.

I have just listen,

Very good IMHO :)

Digital Sources: Linn Klimax DS and Audio Note CDT3 + Audio Note DAC 4.1x balanced.[br] Analog Source: Clearaudio Innovation + SME V tonearm + Benz Micro LP S cartridge.[br]Plinius Tautoro Preamp. - Plinius SA Reference Amp.[br]Dynaudio Sapphire Speakers + Velodyne Ultra Subwoofer.[br]Powercords: Elrod Statement Gold.[br]Interconnects and Speaker cables: Kubala-Sosna Elation.[br]Dedicated Power lines for HiFi Stuff.