IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Zuma

Hello,

I have been using a Mac Mini as server with PureMusic, so I am completely new to CAPS V3 Zuma.

I have a few basic questions:

a) Does it have wifi? If not, how can I use the JRemote app with my Ipad?

b) If I buy a CAPS V3 Zuma (Small Green Computer...), how do I connect it to a:

(i) RWA Black Lightning power supply?

(ii) Mojo Joule II power supply?

Thank you!

VPN

Cable Modem w/Mojo 5 power-> Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal-> Totaldac server-> Totaldac Twelve SE-> CH Precision L1+X1-> 2x Krell FPB 750mcx-> Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers  Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Echole Omnia 2x XLR and 3x AES, Totaldac Gigafilter USB,  Other: Echole Omnia power cables, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, four dedicated 20A lines

Chris,

Thank you for the prompt response.

a) My audio room does not have wired internet, so I guess I would need the suggested wifi card. Do you think Small Green Computer would sell with this option? or quite simple to install?

b) Is RWA already selling the two batteries/two voltages 12V regulated version of the Black Lightning power supply suitable for the Zuma? If not, did they say when will it be available?

Cheers,

VPN

Cable Modem w/Mojo 5 power-> Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal-> Totaldac server-> Totaldac Twelve SE-> CH Precision L1+X1-> 2x Krell FPB 750mcx-> Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers  Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Echole Omnia 2x XLR and 3x AES, Totaldac Gigafilter USB,  Other: Echole Omnia power cables, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, four dedicated 20A lines

Chris,

Thank you, I will check with them.

Regarding the USB 3.0 card, you wrote: "I've tested the card with every DAC that has come through Computer Audiophile and haven't had a single issue.""

Reading the info in the link you provided, with the detailed specs, in the SOtm website it says:

"Unsupported Devices with Windows

M2Tech HiFace v1 and M2Tech HiFace OEM v1

The following devices are based on M2Tech boards:

Empirical Audio, Eastern Electric, Wyred4Sound, Chrod, JKenny

Playback Design

MSB Technology

Mytek""

I have a Playback Designs MPS-5 with USB-X and may buy a MSB DAC. Did you have the opportunity to try this USB card with these two DACs?

Thanks,

VPN

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding using Zuma with a Playback Designs DAC:

a) Is the USB card compatible? Has anyone tested this card with a Playback Designs?

b) The USB-X in the Playback Designs uses the USB card power only to detect if the input is in use, and the USB-X card uses power from the PB Designs unit, not from the USB cable. So, if I use a high quality linear 12 supply for the Zuma, for this specific case of Playback Designs I understand any $20 9V wall wart would be fine for the external 9V input in the Sotm USB card, right? Or is the 9V external input used for the whole sotm USB card and not only the USB connector?

Thanks,

VPN

• 1 month later...

Chris said, regarding motherboard + Sotm USB: "The consumption reached 60 watts maximum but the steady state was about 22 watts.", so I understand that for 12V that would be 1.83Amp steady state and 5 amp max.

• 2 months later...

ZUMA - problem.

I have had a Zuma with JRiver and Playback Designs MPS-5 since 3/2013. No problems until a few days ago it started having short periods with no music during music playback. Song playing, short gap, same song continues to play. I happens in all sampling rates.

I checked the latency with Thesycon. Still 1004micro seconds, no change. Not able to decrease it either.

Checked the JRiver setup, no changes, ASIO driver for MPS-5. Still there. Tried increasing the buffer of Jriver, problem still there.

Then I uninstalled and re-installed JRiver. Problem still there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Joao,

Big thanks!

I changed the prebuffering to 20s and it solved the problem!

Cheers,