IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Zuma

cutting one down in length to fit.

How did you do that?

They are supposed to be a vacuum with a small amount of coolant that vaporizes and then re condenses.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

No, I was worried about igniting the coolant, I used an hydraulic swage, it would appear to have worked just fine....

For those forced to utilise either an SMPS supply or DC to DC converters this item would appear to tackle the issues we're concerned with

"a range of mains input filters for switched mode power supplies to prevent smps generated noise from getting back onto the mains"

Switched Mode Power Supply Filters

Hmm, but how is one to know unless you measured the temp on the ends and checked against the others. Kudos regardless!

Nice speakers btw. I still own a set of 63's bought in the 80s. Heavily modded, but I need to replace the dust covers, and haven't had the time.

Forrest:

Your point is fair as I haven't been able to verify the pipe performance but the original piece didn't fit so it was either hack and make do or leave a space. Thankfully my processor is at the bottom end of the performance envelope so any decrease in cooling efficiency isn't critical in my specific application.

You like the Quads? Well, the 2905's are a completely different animal to the '63s, they have real bass!! They sound amazing with the NAD M2, it seems to be a special synergy with the slight warmth of the Quads complimenting the hugely detailed performance from the amp. The final presentation can be tweaked by using either copper or silver 'speaker cables, for me copper gives the most pleasing "tone" if that makes sense... An essential part of the equation is the PS Audio Powerplant Premiere which nails the Quads input voltage to 230V to ensure a consistent performance for each session. Nice... :)

I hope I didn't seem critical, and I do understand why you tried. It just struck me.

Forrest:

Smiles ... perhaps if we had some nice sunny beaches here we'd name some components after them...

I can't see the Chord Mablethorpe or Naim Morcombe selling very well :-)

Eloise

Last I checked, there weren't too many sunny beaches in Minnesota this time of year. I am thinking that they might use spots in the French Riviera...

Forrest: