IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Zuma

A word of warning about using this case. Note very carefully the configuration of the heat pipes and the CPU position. (Google the casing and you'll find an extensive pdf manual online)

My mobo didn't fit as standard as the CPU was on the wrong side of the mobo for the heat pipes. Thankfully the rear panel can be detached and reversed (ie upside down) which is what I had to do, and then custom install the pipes, cutting one down in length to fit. However, all seems to run just fine, my less powerful processor only raises the casing temperature to luke warm so the pipes seem to be doing their job.

For the PCIe I've had to run a flexible riser across the top of the mobo as the mobo slot and the casing mount are now on opposite sides...

If you are willing to use the HD-PLEX H5.S case instead of the Streacom FC5 case, Larry of HD-PLEX will send you whatever length of heatpipes fit your specific motherboard. The level of customer service that he provides is outstanding. Although I agree with Chris that the USB port on the front of the HD-PLEX case doesn't look as nice, the finish seems to be much better (no smeared fingerprint problems) and the heatpipe system has a solid copper baseplate (rather than aluminum) which seems higher quality to me.

• 5 weeks later...
I am experiencing the same issues as Norman posted, (see my prior posts). Has any one gotten the sotm exp card 3.0 to play files alternating resolutions with out it locking up? If so, can you respond helping us with the settings?

I have contacted sonore, sotm, and this posting for advice with no luck so far. The sotm does sound better than the mother board 2.0 ports so the sotm is worth the efforts.

As listed prior, the mother board plays all resolutions with out issue so my problem is with the sotm interface.

Thanks so much for any help,

I was able to get my SOtM PCIe USB card to work, but not with every DAC. I am running JRiver on Windows 7 and using the driver included on the SOtM CD for the PCIe card. When I used a USB Class 1 DAC (both the AQ Dragonfly and the MF M1DAC-A, with a max of 24/96) the standard windows USB driver got installed. I could play 16/44.1 files without problems, but if I tried to play a 24/96 file then the whole system locked up and I had to hard shutdown to solve the problem. However, when I used the PS Audio NuWave DAC (a USB Class 2 DAC, max of 24/192), then everything worked perfectly. I installed the downloadable PS Audio driver and I can switch file sample rates without a hitch. The settings within JRiver don't seem to make a difference. I'm using WASAPI-Event Style with no changes to the digital output.