IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

1 hour ago, wklie said:

I cannot reproduce this problem.

😶

only difference is... I resumed playback the following day

I'll try again tonight and report tomorrow: might have been just a casualty

btw... my RoPiee Roon Display was working fine: just U1 Mini was acting

usually, at the end of day, I empty the queue instead of just pausing playback: this might be why it never happened before

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

same as yours and as listed in my first post, Peter

basically: paused playback session at the end of day and resumed the following one

only detail I forgot is... not a local album but one streaming from Qobuz

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

hi Peter

so... tried once more and I definitely can reproduce the glitch

Lumin U1 Mini as Roon endpoint, steps are:

- let an album's track play completely

- hit "Pause" as soon as next one starts (see attached pic)

- let everything there overnight (Lumin enters sleep mode and display goes black)

- following day launch Roon (control) and just hit "play" (from where it left!)

- no track title on U1 Mini display 'till another one starts (see attached pic showing glitch only affects U1 Mini whilst RooPiee Roon Display shows track info)

Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 19.50.40.png

IMG_1135.jpeg

headphones system:

hi Peter

yes, both:

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 10.55.42.png

Lumin.jpg

anyway... don't get mad at it: it's a very minor glitch I can live with as, usually, I stop playback and empty the play queue. only found it the time I forgot to do the above

headphones system:

wait Peter... try just once more using a classical music album (or one with "compositions"): stop playback at the very beginning of a "multi-parts track" (eg. beginning of 2nd movement out of 3 or more, as in my screenshot)

also... be sure, the following day, to launch Roon so it opens where you left the day before and, without doing anything else, just resume playback by clicking the play/pause button (bottom left corner)

headphones system:

@wklie Peter: it definitely happens with "compositions" only: tried with a non-classical album and... all is working fine

headphones system:

@wklie Today I tried to play TuneIn radio. It has worked excellent for 2 months but today the radio channels did not work. When going back to the app, all radio channels where gone (I use only domestic free public radio stations payed over the tax bill).

I could see that I was inlogged. But when trying refresh the the channels nothing happened.

So I reloaded the app. Now I got an email confirming the order and that I have to pay SEK 109 per month. I closed the agreement as I have not signed such a contract. When checking your homepage you write:

TuneIn is built right into the heart of the LUMIN App. Simply create a free TuneIn account and add Radio Stations to your TuneIn 'Library' for them to appear in the LUMIN App.

To me this means it is free, but it seems the stations are not free. Please confirm and be clear what it means. If I have to pay I think you should be clear on that. My feeling is that I have been screwed up.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:48 PM, pl_svn said:

@wklie Peter: it definitely happens with "compositions" only: tried with a non-classical album and... all is working fine

The RAAT endpoint integration does not know the type of music content at all, or whether it's a composition.  If the problem is content specific then this may be a Roon issue.  As for why it shows up in one endpoint but not another, there are different RAAT display API that suits different display hardware characteristics, and those API do not have to share the same issues.  In fact we have an outstanding display API issue that I asked Roon Labs to check, although I cannot say whether yours is the same issue or a separate one at this point.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

7 hours ago, Ropet said:

So I reloaded the app. Now I got an email confirming the order and that I have to pay SEK 109 per month. I closed the agreement as I have not signed such a contract.

To me this means it is free, but it seems the stations are not free. Please confirm and be clear what it means. If I have to pay I think you should be clear on that. My feeling is that I have been screwed up.

There is a free TuneIn service and a paid TuneIn Premium service:

https://help.tunein.com/categories/tunein-premium-rJe7xMpvz

Please check whether you have invoked Premium Free Trial (from TuneIn app or web - this is not supported in Lumin app so you could not have accidentally invoked it from Lumin app).  If so I think that's not what you intended.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

New U1 Mini user here...  And I love it...  It would be nice to be able to access internet radio stations that provide streaming feeds at a higher resolution then the Tunein service provides...  For instance several stations at SomaFM and Radio Paradise provide streaming at AAC 128 and/or Lossless FLAC @ up to 320...  Is there a way to just tell the U1 Mini where a stream is outside of TuneIn via a direct http address?  If not maybe take this as a feature request...  Even 10 favorite direct stations/streams would be amazing...

PS - Thank you for an outstanding product...

A digital dude trapped in an analogue body...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

Airplay does not support the speeds described above and it is just crazy to suggest I tie up my cell phone in the process...  And thanks for your support...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

Again, I would suggest there are stations/streams that support AAC 128 and/or Lossless FLAC @ up to 320...

128 and/or 320 > 44.1...

4 hours ago, ddude003 said:

Again, I would suggest there are stations/streams that support AAC 128 and/or Lossless FLAC @ up to 320...

128 and/or 320 > 44.1...

The figures of 128 and 320 that are mentioned are in kbps and are Lossy. AAC is Apple's lossy equivalent of lossy MP3.
The lossless FLAC should in theory be the same as AirPlay (and CD), but the fact it mentions 320kbps confuses things as that would refer to a lossy bitrate and is not usually associated with FLAC.

In all these cases, AirPlay should be capable of sending them without further compression to LUMIN.

I don't know of any high res radio stations that AirPlay couldn't handle.

TuneIn bitrates vary by station up to 320kbps afaik

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.

3 hours ago, dark said:

did you listen x1?

I own the X1.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Opinions vary.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Not every preference is a conspiracy or the result of propaganda. Opinions DO vary.  It is not important to be "right" in this hobby.  And why the need to question the preferences of someone else just because they are not the same as yours?  What happened to just agreeing to disagree?