IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

When I clear a album from my playlist, the Lumin app clears the album, but goes to the top of my music library every time for the next album instead of going to the position of the last played album in the list.  This causes me to have to scroll from the top of the list down to the next album after the one that was cleared.  Is there a way to avoid having to start all over from the top of my music list at "A" when the last played album was at say "S" in the music list?  I am using the android app.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:16 AM, msr said:

I have a long time issue with my Lumin T1. When switching from other App to Lumin’s App, The screen Goes automatically to the beginning of The App.

We can neither reproduce this on an iPad Pro iOS 13.3 nor iPad Air iOS 11.4.1.

If you were looking at Tidal search results, they do expire after some time.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 1/21/2020 at 3:01 AM, dark said:

I have a similar problem, the sound is always slow

If you mean Tidal playback begins slower, please try it only at non-peak hours, switch to Qobuz or Spotify or try it with another internet service provider - it's not usually an issue of Mbps regardless of how high that value is marketed to you.  Real download speed from Tidal server is irrelevant to that and is dependent on region and ISP.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

3 hours ago, hoppy100 said:

When I clear a album from my playlist, the Lumin app clears the album, but goes to the top of my music library every time for the next album instead of going to the position of the last played album in the list.  This causes me to have to scroll from the top of the list down to the next album after the one that was cleared.  Is there a way to avoid having to start all over from the top of my music list at "A" when the last played album was at say "S" in the music list?  I am using the android app.

"top of music library" - do you mean top of (left hand side tablet) playlist, or the (right hand side tablet) album view?  They did not reset to top in my test, so I'm not sure I got your meaning.  In any case, try both "Follow Now Playing" setting to see if it works better for you.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

11 hours ago, wklie said:

We can neither reproduce this on an iPad Pro iOS 13.3 nor iPad Air iOS 11.4.1.

If you were looking at Tidal search results, they do expire after some time.

You mean you did not reproduce  my video with The problem?

15 hours ago, dark said:

Slow sound when playing usb-flesh and nas, everything was fine on lumin d1.

Slow meaning it takes several seconds to start playback, or incorrect playback with the sound distorted in way that causes female voice to sound like male?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

2 hours ago, msr said:

Any hint?

Could it be that your cache memory is full? This can slow down all programs. I do not know how this is managed in iPad and iPhone but in Android there are tools to clear this from time to time. Are you using internal memory or memory cards? This can also have impact? Other programs running in the background might also influence.

I have not experienced the problem you have on iPad. The respons time is very short.

Hello,

I have a new Lumin D2 and have a question regarding non Latin characters.  It appears that when I play FLAC files with Hebrew tags the screen is does not display the tags, only the progress bar, the playlist number, and the bit/sampling.  I have no problems seeing the text in Hebrew on BubbleUPNP or in the Lumin App.

Thanks,

Gil 

On 1/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, msr said:

I have a long time issue with my Lumin T1. When switching from other App to Lumin’s App, The screen Goes automatically to the beginning of The App. 

please, see The short vídeo below. Any clue to sort this out?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yN0n6bTVrz6NlOtOybCbyfmdGyITNYB0/view?usp=drivesdk

Marcelo

I finally discovered that this problem is caused boy The MinimServer at The Synology NAS. When disabled The MinimServer, The problem vanished!

Thanks for The sugestions,

Marcelo

Do most people use Roon with the LUMIN?

I use my local library plus Tidal, I really like the Roon functionality to play music of a similar kind which the LUMIN app does not have, other than using AirPlay directly from the Tidal app to mix music does anyone have another method other than playlist to achieve this?

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

@wklie A smaller issue has showed up. It is not critical as everything works, but it is a "hygenic" factor I want to understand.

In the MinimServer error log I get the following message (several repeated lines):

MinimServer: Incorrect format for object ID '0$albums$showaa'

I contacted MinimServer who responded: This message is caused by your control point (the LUMIN app) using cached local information that is out of sync with MinimServer. If you reload the MinimServer library into the LUMIN app after making changes to the library, you should not see these messages.

When checking the database there are no errors to my eyes. I have both restarted, reloaded and re-scanned after my last uploads to the database. Any hint on what is behind this and what to correct/add?

1 hour ago, wklie said:

did you try Rescan first then Reload MinimServer?

Yes, I did. 

Meanwhile I was asked by MinimServer to provide them with my app version (6.1.14) so that they could repeat it on their side. They got the same result as me. They will contact Lumin to solve the issue. You can follow the discussion on MinimServer Forum/Support/Initial Setup from post #36 and onwards where they also explain why Lumin send an error message.